Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » remote desktop problem (while using KWF)
  •  
cybersans

Send a private message to this user
for a start:

using windows server 2003 standard.
remote desktop
kerio winroute firewall 6.7.1
asus p7p55d with i7 860

open inbound port 3389
and another port 8888 forwarded to 3389

when KWF is running, from outside can remote desktop, but caused blank screen, after authentication.

if KWF disable, remote desktop connection is successful.
i think it is caused by KWF.
  •  
cybersans

almost a month since this topic started, and nobody can give me an answer or at least some solution or opinion, eh? Wink
  •  
cybersans

since everyone are too lame to answer this question, let me answer it by myself based on my experiment:

seems like kwf is not compatible with built-in realtek NIC (or vice versa). when i use other brand of NIC plugged in to pci slot, remote desktop work fine with kwf enabled. conclusion, KWF driver seems don't like realtek or vice versa.
  •  
Adjuster

Rule for the RDP to add NAT to the local interface.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 April 2010 15:41]

adjuster: i don't understand what are you trying to say.

anyway, other solution for my remote desktop is shutdown the remote desktop process and install vnc server as alternative. vnc don't have any issue with KWF.

fyi, remote desktop only problem with kwf IF connect from outside/client pc using /console or /admin switch to connect to console, BUT if connect using new session, it can connect. until now, the problem still not solved. even from kerio support still no answer Wink
  •  
Trololo

cybersans wrote on Sat, 31 July 2010 13:48
adjuster:
[...] even from kerio support still no answer Wink

Most probably they think it isn't a Kerio problem but Microsoft Smile

Have you installed last SP for server?

Could you check connection by other versions of Terminal Clients?

What status of black screen session you get in RD Services Manager?

•  
cybersans

if they think that it is microsoft problem, then they are NOT PROFESSIONAL.

the service pack is the latest. before you think too far, let me clear the air:

1. i test to many kind of windows OS; windows xp, server 2003, vista, server 2008, windows 7 and server 2008 r2. and all of it got this kind of problem, WHEN kwf is running, and WHEN connected to server via remote desktop using /CONSOLE or /ADMIN switch (to connect to remote console), BUT, if i connect to other user, or new session (NOT CONSOLE), i can connect.

so, my thought is maybe it is because of kwf driver is not compatible with current display driver, OR with network driver or whatever.

and it is almost a year and i still don't get any solution.
so i decide to continue using kwf as a firewall, and shutdown the remote desktop/terminal server services, and replace it with vncserver. right now i am using vnc as remote mechanism, and my headache is gone Smile
Previous Topic: Can't upload photo on facebook
Next Topic: Particular network traffic lost or was modified by conflicting software or KWF driver disabled on so
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 03:54:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.