Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird 3 w/ lightning... calendar not allowed access
  •  
ciara

Send a private message to this user
mac os x.6.2
tb 3.0 (non-beta)
dec17th build of lightning

i added a google caldav no problem

then i attempted to add a kerio mailserver caldav (works fine in
ical)...

there are quite a few events in the calendar so i thought i would just let it run in the background and update... i check the calendar -- nada - no events...no tasks either

i attempt to make a task.. u get a real vague "error when writing to calendar dg" (dg being the name of the calendar)
details - modification_failed

hmm thats helpful.. not

so i attempt to make an event -- same issue

no idea what's going on -- no ! on the calendar - no connect errors --
and the mail is pretty much connecting fine on the tb3 side for this server.

then this morning i re-opened thunderbird3 and checked the calendar - the events were there but still can't add or change any thing.. tasks never showed up.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks
ml
  •  
M Moogle

I've been using Lightning on various builds of TB3 for a few months now. With the latest nightly builds of Lightning they've worked around some bugs that Kerio doesn't seem interested in fixing, and all the functionality currently works. Up until a week ago or so tasks and meeting invitations didn't work, as that's what has recently been fixed.
What are you using as your CalDAV URLs? Any errors logged in the Error Console?
  •  
ciara

i will get the other have to check the error console... i am using the caldav address that's in the integration screen (when you go into webmail - the link under that gives all the mac os integration)
tasks don't work -- and events are not editable.. haven't had an invite to test that Smile
  •  
M Moogle

Using the iCal URLs won't work, you have to use the ones listed under "Mozilla Sunbird, Lightning (Beta)" on the Windows integration page - something like " https://mail.yourdomain.com/calendars/yourdomain.com/usernam e/Calendar".
  •  
ciara

hmm ok -- well i am on a mac so i automatically chose the caldav.. i dont have a windows integration page (probably cause our whole home is mac)... i tried your link (w/ my info) but i dont know if i should pick ical, caldav, etc etc... its works better thanks -- still a bit flakey.. the whole set will just disappear and a min or so later will repopulate.. Wink i was able to create an appointment --- and after leaving it a few hours my tasks are there (yay)...

thanks so much for your help Smile

ml
  •  
ebatte

I have users getting the same error on some, but not all shared calendars.

In one users case, he accepts an invitation in Thunderbird 3/Lightning 1.0b2pre and get's the MODIFICATION_FAILED error for the sender's calendar and one other user. These two user's calendars are consistently the one giving the errors.

In Kerio Connect (just released today) the calendar permissions are "everyone in domain: reader"

We are using the caldav url

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 23:35]

Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector VERY slow
Next Topic: Distributed domain with Kerio and Exchange?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 00:57:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.