Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Software Appliance under Hyper-V
  •  
KCAP

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
We are trying to install KWF Software Appliance as a HYPER-V client in Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2.

We followed the web presentation "Topic: Build Your Own Appliance With the New Kerio WinRoute Firewall" a few weeks ago,
Now we tried to install it our self, but didn't succeed, the Appliance With the New Kerio WinRoute Firewall didn't find a network adapter.

As stated by kerio we installed as a virtual server, in MS Hyper-V.

server:
Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
Physical network adapter's : 3Com 3C2000-T Gb (but in the hyper-v client it becomes "Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter"

The installation of the Appliance is without any message, after restart you see, starting GRUB and some linux starting up, then this:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6951/image001hw.png

(no network interface found)

Is it possible to install it under hyper-v, (we have all hyper-v servers no other virtualized servers brands ) I think the appliance doen't have any drivers for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter"

Or do we have to install some drivers?
Somebody already succeed under hyper-v?

Teun van der Velden

[Updated on: Sun, 27 December 2009 12:41]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
winkelman

I'm not sure if I'm being helpful here (trying though! Smile), but don't you need a (virtual) server with two NIC's if you're going to properly use Kerio WinROUTE Firewall? I't after all essentially a router...

Perhaps the appliance isn't installing because it can't find enough(a second) NIC.

Too far fetched?
  •  
KCAP

Hi,
All nic's are there,
the server has 3 physical NIC's,
1 for the virtualisation OS and 2 for KERIO,
The problem is in the drivers included in the appliance image, it doesn't contain or recognize the two NIC's.
Answer from Kerio:
Quote:
I have discussed this with our developers, who are aware of an issue. We have a entry in our database for the developers to investigate the possibility of making the Appliance work with Hyper-V.
I have added your details to the database entry, as soon as there is any change in the status of this you will be notified.

Regards,
Gregg Hatchell

So i think it doesn't work with the MS hypervisor yet, only VMware. Or does somebody already got it to work under hype-V????

Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
KCAP

No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 27 December 2009 12:45]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
crackjack70

kcap wrote on Fri, 18 December 2009 23:09
Hi,
We are trying to install KWF Software Appliance as a HYPER-V client in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.

We followed the web presentation "Topic: Build Your Own Appliance With the New Kerio WinRoute Firewall" a few weeks ago,
Now we tried to install it our self, but didn't succeed, the Appliance With the New Kerio WinRoute Firewall didn't find a network adapter.

As stated by kerio we installed as a virtual server, in MS Hyper-V.

server:
Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
Physical network adapter's : 3Com 3C2000-T Gb (but in the hyper-v client it becomes "Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter"

The installation of the Appliance is without any message, after restart you see, starting GRUB and some linux starting up, then this:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6951/image001hw.png

(no network interface found)

Is it possible to install it under hyper-v, (we have all hyper-v servers no other virtualized servers brands ) I think the appliance doen't have any drivers for the "Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter"

Or do we have to install some drivers?
Somebody already succeed under hyper-v?

Teun van der Velden

Hi, kcap!

I'm not sure if my post be useful for you, but you may simply remove standard 10-gigabit Microsoft's virtual network adapter from Kerio WRF virtual machine (via Hyper-V Virtual Machine Settings) and add two legacy network adapters based on DEC21040 emulated chip (via add new hardware feature). Linux will load right drivers for them. This works fine for me on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R1 with Hyper-V installed. See screenshot...

index.php?t=getfile&id=1760&private=0

Regards,
crackjack70

•  
KCAP

hi crackjack70

Yes that worked!
i replaced te network interface, now works like a charm....
Thanks,

Teun
Kcap

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
FerSalinas

Hi, i'm running the appliance under hyper-v and all works fine. But when i try to reach an internal server via internet using destination nat, i have no response.
If i try accesing it through firewall via lan, works fine.
When trying to access via internet, in the log i see this

[22/May/2012 00:21:49] PERMIT "Rule" packet from IPLAN, proto:TCP, len:48, *.*.*.*:55650 -> *.*.*.*:80, flags:[ SYN ], seq:2926615217 ack:0, win:8192, tcplen:0
[22/May/2012 00:21:51] PERMIT "Rule" packet to LAN, proto:TCP, len:60, *.*.*.*:55650 -> 192.168.*.*:80, flags:[ SYN ], seq:2052742049 ack:0, win:14600, tcplen:0

IPLAN=my ext adapter
LAN=my lan adapter

(I replaced ips with asterisks for security purposes)

Any idea of what can be happening?

Thanks for your time
  •  
ckershner

I got to the point of Starting Kerio OS and it just stayed there. With safe mode it ends up saying UUID:aba {bunch of cryptic alphanumeric with 2 dashs} does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

Is this due to no drivers for the Realtec dual adapter I added? I used the legacy add hardware and set it up with 4096 of ram....

Chris J Kershner
kershner & Associates, Inc.
www.kershner.com
Previous Topic: Kerio VPN on Windows 10 (build 10049)
Next Topic: Multiple network interfaces
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:15:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.