Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Blackberry & Kerio - Astrasync Settings
  •  
Osmin

Send a private message to this user
Hello

in the company we have now one blackberry and wanted to connect it with Kerio. Downloaded Astrasync but it doesnt accept the settings.

There is always a error, regardless the domain and user settings.
It never verifies the server credentials, I am always getting a error
What can I do?

My settings
Email Address: fistname.lastnamem<_at_>mydomain.com
Server: mail.mydomain.com
domain: mydomain.com
username: lastname
password: password

Username and password a the same as windows login, as kerio takes it from the active directory

Quote for the user guide:
* Email Address - Your full email address
* Server - The name of the ActiveSync Server. In the majority of cases this will be the URL that you use to access your email via the web, eg mail.server.com. If you normally connect to https://mail.server.com/owa/ for your email, then the in AstraSync you should just mail.server.com.
* Domain - The domain of the email server. This field is not required if the fully qualified address is provided for the username (i.e joe.blogs<_at_>email.com). The domain required here can differ from the domain name within your email address. It is recommended therefore you contact your email/IT administrator to verify what should be entered here.
* Username - The username of your account. Commonly this will be the first part of your email address. For example if your email address is joe.blogs@email.com, then your username is likely to be joe.blogs. If only 'joe.blogs' is entered for the username, then you will be required to enter a domain. If a fully qualified address is provided for the username (i.e joe.blogs<_at_>email.com) then the domain field is not required.
* Passsword - Your password for your email account.
* Use SSL: We recommend you use this option for secured server communication, however not all servers will support SSL, in which case this option needs to be unchecked.
  •  
vomsupport

I have AstraSync 4.X on a 8330

I user the same login information as Kerio's webmail and it works fine.

It seems to make a difference on whether the domain on the Kerio server is the primary or secondary.

Primary : I use just the user name

Secondary : username@domain

I hope this makes sense..
  •  
Osmin

Sorry, but this isnt working Sad
  •  
Osmin

•  
Osmin

Do I have to make any special settings in my Astrasync Account?
  •  
Osmin

Havent tested it. I just found this in the Astrasync Forums:
Posted: Wednesday, 24. Dezember 2008 03:09:22

There is a setting on the mail server that must be changed to permit connections from AstraSync when using Kerio.

If this is not altered then when trying to connect AstraSync will report an error:

Please check URL, server responded '400 bad request'

Within the mailserver.cfg file you need to change this variable to activate unsupported devices from 0 to 1.

<variable name="AllowUnsupportedDevices">1</variable>

We are working with Kerio to get AstraSync added a supported device so that this change will not be needed in the future.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Osmin wrote on Wed, 06 January 2010 11:43
Havent tested it. I just found this in the Astrasync Forums:
Posted: Wednesday, 24. Dezember 2008 03:09:22

There is a setting on the mail server that must be changed to permit connections from AstraSync when using Kerio.

This is not needed. AstraSync is supported client and can connect to Kerio MailServer with no issues.
  •  
Osmin

Still not working. I hate Astrasync Mad
  •  
waz2304

I have set up a few astrasync devices for my clients using kerio. Used it myself for a while and worked ok. The main issue is to edit the mailserver config file and restart the server. I did have a few issues initially setting up but worked through them with the help of astrasync support. What is the actual error you are getting when you are trying to sync? What OS is on the berry? Did you install and trust the server cert on the berry? Is it the trial of astra you are using or the full product?
I ended up using notifysync for my personal berry, http://www.notifycorp.com/products/notifysync/index.htm over astrasync as it supported task syncing.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 January 2010 15:22]

•  
itismeap

Hello Osmin

I would suggest you try the following

Email Address: fistname.lastnamem<_at_>mydomain.com
Server: mail.mydomain.com
domain:
username: fully_qualifed_address
password: password

Here domain is left blank intentionally. For the username, use your fully qualified address. You should check you can log into webmail using this address first.

If the problem persists, the best thing to do will be to contact us directly at AstraSync support

Regards

Amit
  •  
Osmin

Wedneday it finally worked. But since yesterday no synching. "Waiting for network" I didnt change anythign in the settings!
  •  
Osmin

When I remove the battery and put it back in it works.... lets see for how long
Previous Topic: Public Calendars
Next Topic: Mac Address Book and Public Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 20:51:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.