Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User Quota Exceeded but Receive Only Option (Option for users to only recieve email after quota exceeded)
  •  
lisa.harden

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering if Kerio Mail server user quota options can be set to only allow the user to recieve emails but not send until they clean out the mailbox. Presently, I can only set the quota, warn of its size and bounce mail to that box.

It is percieved as unprofessional for our company to reject emails to our owners because their mailbox is over its quota and we don't want to give unlimited quotas to our users because THEY WILL use it. haha.

I am building our new server and giving all users on the new server no less than 500 meg and at least 1 gig to our executives.

I just don't want our customers to get bounces when they are corresponding with our owners.

Thanks in advance!
  •  
renefn

I Agree... I would like that option as well since our users constantly reach their quota and for some reason our server doesn't send them a warning (I'm investigating this with support).

We have 3 GB mailboxes(!) for our 100 users so you're absolutely right that users will just use whatever space they're given...

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
giobbi

Kerio sux at this, only one mail goes out, once per lifetime it seems : ). I would like the option to send from server/admin console to user, even if the mailbox is overqota. Often the user is totally unaware of the problem. Have this problem more or less daily (200 users). Also be able to set some settings regarding this, once a day, once per hour and so on.

Has been requesting this for some time now... : (

And passwordpolicy..... Now the user can change the password to 111.. No, i dont want to use OD/AD.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2009 10:15]

•  
winkelman

I second this feature request (it has been arround for ages, actually). In practice, I think we need two quota's. A lower bound which starts restricting users from sending mail and an upper bound which indeed stops the users from receiving email as well.

I feel the upper bound is needed as some defence against mail flooding, but it could be set very much higher thatn the lower bound. For example: 1Gb and the user can't send enymore and 2Gb and no mail is allowed inwards anymore. Not being able to send message is probably proper motivation for the user to start cleaning up...

(Currently a user can still send messages when over quota, it's just the copy-to-self doesn't get saved to Send Items anymore...)
  •  
lythaby

Defo feature request.

You can trim down the deleted items, and junk automatically, that can help a little. I'd use quota's, but don't want to notify the external client, only the internal user.
Previous Topic: LG Mobile Phones - Activesync Email
Next Topic: KMS limits / speed tweaks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:53:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.