Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP Retrieval (is it possible to leave a copy on server ?)
  •  
ticktock

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've been trying to configure our office server with KMS to serve as a local mail server, we already use a mail server hosted on the same server as our company website(remote server/online).

The idea was to get KMS to download the emails then deliver them to users locally to avoid multiple downloads for the same email since bandwidth/speed is an issue for us (we all use Thunderbird).

The problem is, KMS doesn't seem to leave a copy on the remote server once it's downloaded, this is bad for us since some of our users leave the office on business trips and won't be able to access the office local server for the emails (again, slow connection/bad service/dynamic IP), so they'll have to depend on the remote mail server to get their copies, which in this case seems impossible.

I've found a couple of threads on the forums talking about this, but the last one is from 2008 and it said this is not possible, I hope this is possible now, we really like the program and all the other features are great for us, but this can be a killer.

Long first post, sorry, I always know that in tech-issues details are pretty important.

I'll be looking forward to an answer.
  •  
Valenzi

Hi,

I used to do it like you now, I just made another mailaccount to which I forwarded the mails, which could get from the out-of-office collegues, the old one is picked up by kerio.

Quick and dirty!
  •  
oversten

Hi,
would be great to hear Kerios approach to this.

I'm looking to exchange an old mailserversoftware at a clients site and do really like Kerio Mailserver.

However this is a showstopper for me as well, the client is running an agentbusiness and have pop-accounts that they share with other agents. I have no possibillity to forward anything, I have to leave the emails on the server once I picked them up.

Did you find a solution? Or maybe there is a third party plugin to do this?
Previous Topic: Palm Pre and tasks
Next Topic: Archiving over a NFS share
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 07:12:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00864 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.