Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector VERY slow
  •  
natediggs

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

I'm entertaining the idea of moving off of Scalix and onto Kerio for my business. I've setup the Kerio server, moved our accounts over and everything works great for the most part. Kerio does some things SO much better than Scalix. We've been having one main problem though. Outlook, after switching to Kerio, is incredibly slow. Switching from folder to folder sometimes takes 5+ minutes. If I switch from my Inbox to my calendar I can count on waiting at least 5 minutes. Inbox to Sent items? 5+ minutes.

Anything I can do here to speed this up? My mailbox is pretty big at 650 MBs. But I have customers that have mailboxes in the 1.5GB range and I need Kerio to work effectively in Outlook for them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
KCAP

Hi,

Are the clients and server located on the same location?
The KOC isn't really working when the server is co-located (accessed by internet line), and the users off site.
Better to use the Kerio offline connector. It caches all and only sync's the changes.

A other solution is, (the size of the mailbox isnt really relevant more the amount of files/mails), to make subfolders in Outlook, Let the 'inbox-in' folder only exist with new mails, move the mails after reading to a sub folder, this speeds up the KOC.

Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
natediggs

The server is colocated and I'm using the "offline" version of the connector. At least I thought I was. Is there any setting I need to change to make sure I'm using it in "offline" mode?
  •  
natediggs

OK, it worked great for about an hour after emptying the cache. Now it's black to being incredibly slow again. Anyone have any advice? My computer is a Core 2 duo with 4GBs of RAM so the issue isn't the processing/memory of the laptop.
  •  
gbrown100

Have you stopped the local virus scanner checking the local cache?

Does it still behave slowly if you are not connected to the internet?
  •  
natediggs

After receiving this response I decided to disconnect the computer from the internet and uninstall any anti-virus software. After doing that it is still very slow. The speed of Outlook did not improve at all.
  •  
TorW

What happens when you move most of the mail from the inbox to subfolders? We've had a few users experiencing a much more snappy Outlook after organizing their account a bit ...
  •  
nikdom

Hi everyone,
did anyone fix this? I have the same problem since the beginning of 2010. Perhaps it is a 2010-problem?!

btw: i'm using subfolders in my inbox. the main issue is the calendar which is very slow.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2010 12:15]

•  
mbmaplethorpe

Hello,

It's also very slow for the majority of our users - Outlook 2007, Windows XP (32-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit).

Preventing our av clients from scanning the cache file (.FDB) and trying to get users to break their inbox into sub-folders has helped but it's still a source of much contention.

Calendars are also very slow as is searching for emails which sometimes stops working or crashes Outlook.

I'm hoping v7 might go some way to helping with these issues unless Kerio can suggest something else to try?

Mark
  •  
davenet

Reading through this thread concerns me a bit. I'm looking for a solution to offer clients that gives them an Exchange-like solution but without Exchange. I'm currently running Scalix as well, but just started looking at Kerio. If the performance is a real issue that will certainly be a problem for me. I am testing the new v7 product. But I don't have a sufficiently large mailbox to test with. I guess I will keep a tab on this thread.
  •  
Simple

I have the same problems with Outlook XP and KOC without caching.

When users send an email, at the moment they click "Send", Outlook is freezing for some seconds to more than 5 minutes. Also when a remember screens pops up from the calendar Outlook is freezing some time. It's very annoying for everybody.
  •  
gbrown100

I have a user working remotely over a DSL connection that has a 4.3GB mailbox. He has a 3 year old machine running Vista, he does not experience delays. I would suggest that if this was a problem for everyone then no-one would use Kerio so there must be a logical explanation for it.

I would suggest those with the problem call up Kerio support and see what they think the problem could be.

Graham
  •  
Simple

Gbrown100, does this user works with the KOC without caching of the new KOC with caching?
  •  
gbrown100

They are using the offline caching version. In fact the only time I install the KOC online is when I am dealing with someone using Outlook 2002, no matter whether they are local to the server or remote. Not sure whether other people use Online for LAN and Offline for laptops but it seemed pointless using two different connectors to me.
Simple

Users are working on our Citrix farm and from there they start Outlook XP with the KOC without caching. The connection between the Citrix farm and the Kerio server is 1Gbps (local LAN).

I don't know if the KOC with cache is working better, but I don't want KOC to sync everytime.
Previous Topic: Kerio very very Slow
Next Topic: Thunderbird 3 w/ lightning... calendar not allowed access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:53:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00580 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.