Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Export Addresses (to a text file)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
We have our Kerio server front-ended by a spam filter (at least until Kerio does GreyListing). I can configure the spam filter to only accept e-mail to known addresses, which I can import into the spam filter via a text file. All I need a mechanism to generate the text file from Kerio.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
tek_san

We have all of our contacts in the primary domain and a lot of mail aliases point to the other domains.
That makes exporting contacts from the contacts.cfg difficult.
I use the handy automator script I found on
http://www.geekology.co.za/blog/2009/02/extract-and-sort-ema il-addresses-from-text-files-with-automator/
(If you don't use OSX you may have a look into this aoutomator script, as it shows you the regular expression it uses to extract the addresses. This is a good point to start.)
This gives me all the primary domain mail addresses in a single file.
I throw this into excel, open kerio mail admin and look into the mail alias and do some copy and paste for the rest of the addresses.
I know this is not fully automated, but to sum it up, it took me about 20 minutes to have a textfile with all my mail addresses.
As you we use it to import it into our spamfilter (nospamproxy).
We do not export new addresslists if changes happen, we only make the changes in our spamfilter, which lets us add and remove mailaddresses.
regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
TorW

There's unfortunately no way to get a list with all the valid addresses in KMS. You can't ask for it on KMS' limited LDAP server either. In short: it's very hard to get any type of administrative information out of KMS in an automated way. See this thread for more and the feature request number for an administrative backend. Please contact Kerio and add yourself to it!

We're about to install our second KMS (long story), but they both have to sit alone on their own public IP. They can't be placed behind our central mail gateway: we can't do recipient verification from the gateway, thus creating too much backscatter. Manual lists are prone to being wrong, incomplete or out of sync, and our addresses keeps changing all the time. We would have to generate a manual list every day ...

Quite a waste of resources and tad too complicated an operating environment for my tastes.
Previous Topic: problem with antivirus update
Next Topic: iCal invitation addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:12:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.