Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » unable to synchronize a message (mime to mapi conversion failure)
  •  
rleslie70

Messages: 72
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user

I'm receiving the below error message with the offline connector. This is for a brand new user. I've tried with different mailboxes and same message. So it's definitely a problem on the user's pc. i've tried uninstalling office 2003 as well as the connector, going so far to even remove office from the registry and i still receive this error message. I talked to support for about an hour and a half today and they were equally stumped.

If i look at the debug.log file, i see something about mimetomapi, conversion has failed message, which seems to indicate that koff has failed to convert the message from the server into the mapi format.

Has anyone ever seen this before. Subject line is unable to synchronize a message.


An error occurred while synchronizing the 'Inbox/00000066' message from the server.
Kerio Outlook Connector wasn't able to deliver this message to your Outlook account.

Please contact your system administrator. You can use Kerio WebMail to access the message.


Details:

Error: 80040154.
Message: [SID = ********/b4c75cdf-f3c4-4e4b-8715-def2b9adc768/00000066,
ID={29BA2DD6-D737-4BA5-874E-AAFCA9E07E8F},
Folder: Inbox ]


The message has been copied to the '__keriomapi__STORE/Failed_Conversions' folder in user's store.
Please send content of the '__keriomapi__STORE/Failed_Conversions' folder with this error report to Kerio Technologies.
  •  
mberding

Messages: 9
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Bump...

I had a user report the same problem today. Similar situation: fairly new user, using outlook. (Not sure exactly which version).

Any fixes in place?
  •  
rleslie70

Messages: 72
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I never did find exactly why this was happening. i've only seen it happen with the one user. tried everything. upgraded her to outlook 2007 (she had been on 2003). called tech support and had them look at it as well as email them the failed conv folder on the kerio mail server. I did notice on her laptop that outlook express was corrupt and i know that that can cause problems (ie you can't uninstall outlook express with causing some big issues). So on her laptop outlook express wouldn't open and i tried everything to repair it, with no success.

Sad to say that in the end i just replaced her laptop. Not the greatest solution but it probably needed to be replaced.

the issue from the log file seems to be an issue with the koc being able to convert the MIME format stored on the kerio server to the mapi store that the connector uses. If anyone knows how to fix this, i would be interested to hear.

thx
Previous Topic: mail html
Next Topic: Kerio Webmail Theme
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:38:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.