Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » how do i expand zipped archived email in the store? (reading archived email)
  •  
mdfgtaylor

Send a private message to this user
just transferred successfully some zipped archived email across to an external firewire raid5 disk for greater storage capacity and security.

simple question really, once i have compressed the archived email how do i then expand the email once more so it can be accessed readily in the default admin mail account?

is it a question of stopping the mailserver, logging into the mac as a root user and manually expanding these zip files?
  •  
j.a.duke

mdfgtaylor wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 18:55
just transferred successfully some zipped archived email across to an external firewire raid5 disk for greater storage capacity and security.

simple question really, once i have compressed the archived email how do i then expand the email once more so it can be accessed readily in the default admin mail account?

is it a question of stopping the mailserver, logging into the mac as a root user and manually expanding these zip files?

I would set the archive location to your new drive which should enable reading within the admin account.

If you don't do that, Kerio has no way of knowing where the archived mail is stored.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
mdfgtaylor

thanks for your help jon but i have set the archive location correctly on the external raid drive.

the current month of january is updating fine (and of course uncompressed) but the others in the same directory are still compressed although i have clicked off the compress old folders checkbox in the archiving tab of the admin console.

could it be that i need to delete the compressed archive folders in the original archive directory? didn't want to do this until i was sure the data was still in tact and readable in the new directory.

any further help would be very useful. using kerio mailserver 6.6.2 on a mac g4 if that is any help also.

thanks,

mark
  •  
j.a.duke

mdfgtaylor wrote on Tue, 12 January 2010 04:19
thanks for your help jon but i have set the archive location correctly on the external raid drive.

the current month of january is updating fine (and of course uncompressed) but the others in the same directory are still compressed although i have clicked off the compress old folders checkbox in the archiving tab of the admin console.

could it be that i need to delete the compressed archive folders in the original archive directory? didn't want to do this until i was sure the data was still in tact and readable in the new directory.

any further help would be very useful. using kerio mailserver 6.6.2 on a mac g4 if that is any help also.

thanks,

mark

I don't think Kerio cares if the old archive folder is populated.

I think you'll need to manually expand the archives. When January ends, since you've unchecked the "Compress old archive folders" it won't be compressed. However, I don't believe simply unchecking that setting will decompress existing archives (as we seem to have proven).

I'd decompress one month at a time (depending on the size of the archive) during quiet times as I suspect the decompression could negatively impact performance.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
mdfgtaylor

thanks very much for your help with this. expanded all the zipped files manually as the root user successfully, as suggested.

some months were split into 2 zip files as they were over 2gb in size.

just so that other users are aware, if they have the same problem move the messages from the expanded smaller zip file into the 2gb expanded one before starting up the server.

delete the smaller expanded folder and make sure the month is named '2009-Mar' (for example) and not '2009-Mar 2' otherwise this folder won't be recognised by the kerio server.

cheers,

mark
Previous Topic: Problem With Calendary Event in Outllook
Next Topic: SpamAssassin giving high AWL since 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:42:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.