Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Google Chrome browser support in Kerio 6.7? (Google Chrome browser support)
  •  
kilroy440

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I find two issues using Google Chrome with Kerio Mailserver via the Kerio web interface.

1. Rich formatting is not supported. Only plain text emails can be composed.

2. Clicking 'Send' on an email does not work if the compose window has been open for over ~10 seconds. An error message is displayed. In order to send an email, I click options which opens a dialog window, then close it, and click Send.

You can also refresh the main Kerio window by clicking 'Inbox' to reload the message list, then clicking 'Send' in the message compose window within 5-10 seconds.

These issues have been confirmed on multiple machines running Chrome.

Is Kerio aware of these and will a fix be coming soon?
Thanks,
J.

•  
marook

Since Chrome uses WebKit (just as Safari) it must be a Chrome issue, as Safari does not have that issue.
Maybe a bugreport to the Chrome team?

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
N20netSteve

Hello,

I can confirm both of these issues. Both are very irritating.

The server timeout problem seems to have started sometime in January - I didn't observe it previously. Maybe there was a Chrome update that broke something.

Thanks for the workaround re. dialogue boxes - I have been copying and pasting in order to get the mail composed and sent within the ten second window...

I hope that some future fix somewhere (Kerio or Google) solves this, as at the moment I use IE for my Kerio mail, and Chrome for everything else.

Thanks.

Steve.
  •  
kilroy440

Some more info... this issue still persists with Chrome 4.1.249.1036 and Kerio 6.7.2.

It only happens with HTTPS (SSL) connections to Webmail. When HTTP is used, the timeout issue does not occur.

A work-around for this would be great.
Thanks.
Previous Topic: KMS 6.7 SMTP on ports 25, 465 and 587
Next Topic: List Subscribed Folders for All Users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 20:53:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.