Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Password Policy
  •  
keriostuff

Send a private message to this user
Here is the situation:

I am runnging Kerio Mail Server 5 with active directy extensions on a windows 2003 server. All is fine, the user accounts will create and authenticate no problem.

I recently set a GPO to enforce strong passwords. When trying to change the password through webmail, I recieve the message that the password is too weak. I have met and exceeded the requirements of the policy, still with the same results. What I am wondering is there something in the kerio mail server settings that need to be adjusted to work with this policy.

Here is the password policy
(7 characters long, password history kept for 24 times, must use a combination of 3 of the following Capital Letters, Lowercase, Numbers, Special characters)

Thanks for any help
  •  
mkanat

As far as I know, KMS 5 can't change AD passwords through WebMail. The fact that the option still appears is probably an accident.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
keriostuff

The Mailserver does allow changing of passwords for the Active Directory, when strong passwords are not enforced.

This also changes their AD login password.
  •  
mkanat

OK. Good to know. Tell support at kerio.com about this, and mention that I told you to file a report. We'll look into it. Try to give us as much detail as you can, and send your mailserver.cfg and users.cfg.

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: W32.Netsky.P<at>mm!enc
Next Topic: ssh tunnel with admin console
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:50:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.