Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Barracuda Archiver (Barracuda Archiver and Kerio)
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone used the Barracuda Archiver appliance with Kerio? We are considering several different 3rd party archive solutions and would like to hear from someone that has successfully used the Barracuda product. Much thanks in advance.
  •  
subnet

Hi Catoxpress,

No experience with barracuda archiver. I am currently using mailstore from deepinvent and I must say its wonderful.

Regards,

Cliff
  •  
renefn

How are you archiving with Mailstore? Are you using the builtin archive feature in Kerio that sends all mails to Mailstore or are you archiving with IMAP?

It looks nice and I'm probably going to test it, but it would be nice to hear how others are doing it.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
subnet

archiving with Imap.
  •  
renefn

OK, does this mean that the users can delete mail that doesn't get archived? Can this be avoided?

By using IMAP I guess that you can preserve the users folder structure, which is very nice, but we wish to archive all mails and the users should not be able to delete mails before they are archived. Do we need to use the Mailstore Proxy or the builtin archiving in KMS then?

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
subnet

[color=redSee comments in red[/color]

OK, does this mean that the users can delete mail that doesn't get archived? Can this be avoided?
Mails that arent archived can be deleted, however emails that are archived can be published as read-only. the user can;t delete his messages

By using IMAP I guess that you can preserve the users folder structure, which is very nice, but we wish to archive all mails and the users should not be able to delete mails before they are archived. Do we need to use the Mailstore Proxy or the builtin archiving in KMS then?
I would suggest to create an archive email adress so when the user get his emails a copy will be automatically send to the archive email adress.
  •  
renefn

OK, I guess that we'll use the SMTP option..

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
catoxpress

We're looking for an archive solution that allows us to force quotas on our users to delete mail, yet give them the ability to search and retreive mail that has been deleted. Would this product you are using allow our users to search and retrieve only their specific mail messages?
  •  
subnet

yep it has a nice search index.
  •  
SunnyKerio

I have a client that is looking to move from his Linux sendmail mail solution to Kerio Connect for all the other bells and whistles such as shared calendar, contacts, etc. They currently have a Barracuda Message Archiver that captures all incoming/outgoing mail. Needed to install milter-bcc on the linux box to send a copy of the email to the message archiver. In Kerio Connect / Archiving = Archive to remote email address will that provide the same solution, meaning will it capture all incoming/outgoing messages for all users and forward a copy to the Barracuda Message Archiver. Please advise.
Previous Topic: BES and KBC data sizes
Next Topic: Connect 7.2 System Requirements??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:53:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.