Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archiving over a NFS share
  •  
acaiq

Send a private message to this user
We are running KMS 6.7.2 and we want to enable archiving to "fix" two problems :

- Quick recovery of deleted items. 3-4 times per year, we have user who deleted important emails in a specific INBOX and doing a recovery from the backup take a lot of time (have to decompress each files to find the user directory, etc.).

- Quick recovery of the mail store after a file system problem. Last summer, our server crashed and some files were deleted or recovered in lost+found, which is a PITA to get up back.

Because of #2, I would like to put the archiving into a NFS mount so that if the local filesystem is having problems, the archiving directory might be safe since it's not the same disk and filesystem.

Does anyone tried that setup? Because in the admin guide, I see this :

By technical reasons, it is necessary to
locate the archiving directory locally (i.e. on the server where Kerio MailServer is running).

Any reason why it have to be local?

--
KMS 6.7.2 on RedHat ES 4, 130 users (65% on Entourage 2008, 35% on Outlook 2007)
  •  
bareare

This was my plan too! To put the archive on nfs mount in case of OS failture, mail corruption or even disk failture. So any ligth on this would be good.
  •  
My IT Indy

I run the nightly backups for most of our servers to an NFS share on another box "just in case". Works great with CentOS hosting the mailstore and then having the backup on another box completely.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: POP Retrieval
Next Topic: Receiving Hotmail/Live mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:26:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.