Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Default Email Address Format
  •  
natediggs

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a test migration today for a company using hosted exchange. They have their email addresses setup as Firstname.lastname<_at_>domain.com. Everyone has an AD account so I was going to create all of the email addresses using the active directory information. When I try to do this though, it creates all of the accounts based on the users AD login. Is there anyway to tell Kerio to use the firstname.lastname instead of the AD login when creating the accounts? If it would just let me edit them, that would be fine too, but I can't edit the email address once they're created.

Thanks!
Nate
  •  
TorW

We had the same issue when we brought the first existing AD users to Kerio. It took us somewhat by surprise, but we ended up giving all the AD users an extra alias with firstname.lastname and made sure the Reply-To address was set likewise in KOC. It was a lot of work I could have done without, but it was the only way.
  •  
jelockwood

All the mail servers I have seen that integrate with a directory services system (e.g. Active Directory, or Open Directory, or OpenLDAP), use the login name of the users account (for Unix style ones, the shortname) as the primary email address it creates.

As existing login names are often not the same format as the desired standard email address format, this as you point out is a hassle.

Like you, our company has a standard email address format of first.last<_at_>domain.com and until Mac OS X 10.6 Server was released, you were not allowed to have a fullstop in the users primary shortname field. Fortunately this has now changed with Mac OS X 10.6 Server, and I am currently changing all our existing users accounts to use this format to make it easier to integrate with Kerio before migrating to Kerio.

In addition to Kerio, Stalker Communigate, and Apple's own Mail Server, use the primary shortname for the primary email address. If as you can, you define a secondary shortname in Mac OS X, then this cannot be used for some of the features of Apple's own Mail Server, and at best would force you to have two email addresses per user in Kerio, Apple, and Communigate, hence why I was so keen to change all our existing users.
  •  
marook

And also note: The primary address NEEDS to be used, with everything that relates to the calendar - otherwise (as of KMS 6.x) it will NOT find the calendar.. Sad

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Voice Email
Next Topic: CardCAV questions...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:15:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.