Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing Table Problem...
  •  
opachu

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but basically I have to keep getting rid of a route before internet will work across the LAN. How do I prevent this?

I have a w2k8 server, 2 NICs, one is LAN and one is WAN (Internet). Each time the server restarts, there are 5 routes in the table.

Description - Network -------- Mask ---------- Gateway --------- Interface
System route- 0.0.0.0 --------- 0.0.0.0 ------- 10.218.165.129 -- Local Area Connection 3
System route- 10.218.165.128 - 255.255.255.192 ---------------- Local Area Connection 3
System route- 10.218.165.191 - 255.255.255.255 ---------------- Local Area Connection 3
System route- 192.168.0.0 ----- 255.255.255.0 ------------------- Local Area Connection
System route- 0.0.0.0 --------- 0.0.0.0 ------------------------------ Local Area Connection

The last route prevents all internet traffic across the lan. If I remove it and apply, the traffic comes back instantly. It's just a small office, and we suffer from regular power cuts (so I suppose a UPS would be a good thing ;P) so the server reboots regularly and we lose connectivity because the route "magically" comes back!

Any ideas greatfully received!

Many Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 11:37]

•  
etimag

same here !!! any solution people.
  •  
Stinger

Hello there Smile
You can create static routes in your Kerio Firewall, even overwrite some automatic routes created by your firewall. There is an option in Routing Table (My Kerio is in russian).
Or you can use Windows command

route add 10.218.165.191 mask 255.255.255.255 10.218.165.129 metric 10 -p

by this example for IP 10.218.165.191 the gateway will be 10.218.165.129 and the "-p" parameter means permanent.
  •  
etimag

hi opachu. I don't know whether you still have the problem but I have fixed it and here is solution.

I have a lan 172.16.*.* and I guess someday I entered a default gateway which I shouldn't have. But kerio sees it and deletes it from system. Actually it is still there... So goto your network settings choose get ip automatically and you will see there your gateway that you have typed. Delete it and than manually configure it to whatever it was before and re-start. You won't see any more 0.0.0.0. Well I hope anyway. Mine I have no more route errors.
  •  
eiji

Great for all....

if you set windows as a router....
by default, windows reject multiple gateway that u entry in multiple ethernet/NIC,(basic of computer networking)

if you set windows as a computer client....
it can use multiple gateway, and still u can set up the priority by using metric value...

Only with Multiple Link Load Balancing (Kerio Feature) can override this case....(multiple gateway in multiple internet connection)
Previous Topic: problem with iphon
Next Topic: kerio address group and traffic policy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:16:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.