Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multihoming Question (Which Setting is needed on the Network-Adapter?)
  •  
HardyE

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
if I want to set up a Multihoming Network, what do I need to setup?
We have 2 Webservers like the example. And one Network-Card connected to a SDSL-Gateway with a Gateway-Adress of 212.6.131.xx1 (Subnet Mask 255.255.255.248)
I want to make "serverweb1" aviable on Adress 212.6.131.xx2 and "serverweb2" on 212.6.131.xx3.
Which (Windows) Adress do I need on the Network-Adapter?

Thanks a lot

Multihoming
Multihoming is a term used for situations when one network interface connected to the Internet uses multiple public IP addresses. Typically, multiple services are available through individual IP addresses (this implies that the services are mutually independent).
In the local network a web serverweb1 with IP address 192.168.1.100 and a web serverweb2
with IP address 192.168.1.200 are running in the local network. The interface connected to
theInternetusespublicIPaddresses63.157.211.10and63.157.211.1 1. Wewanttheserver
web1 to be available from the Internet at the IP address63.157.211.10, the serverweb2 at
the IP address63.157.211.11.
The two following traffic rules must be defined in WinRoute to enable this configuration:
Figure 7.24 Multihoming -- web servers mapping
Source
Any (see the previous example referring to mapping of single service).
Destination
An appropriate IP address of the interface connected to the Internet (use the Host option
for insertion of an IP address).
Service
Service which will be available through this interface (the HTTP service in case of a Web
server).
Action
Select the Allow option, otherwise all traffic will be blocked and the function of port
mapping will be irrelevant.
Translation
GototheDestinationNAT(PortMapping)section,selecttheTranslate toIPadd
Previous Topic: Setup Kerio for check mail with outlook express
Next Topic: PCANYWHERE
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:53:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.