Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Run only Address book & iCal on 10.5 Server
  •  
think

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I am new to Kerio but would like to run iCal and address book syncing for internal & external sites.

Does anyone have some tips on doing this? Do I need to run the mail server in order to run these two?

Many thanks in advance

•  
nzer

Would you mind clarifying your question?

eg. Are you trying to use Kerio Mail Server for just iCal and Address Book syncing? or are you wanting to use Mac OS X 10.5 Server for for iCal and AddressBook services and Kerio Mail Server for mail?
  •  
think

Yes the former, I don't like the ical/address book server on 10.5 and just want something a bit more robust!
I have heard a lot of good things about Kerio
  •  
nzer

You don't want to use Kerio Mail Server for Mail?
  •  
think

No as our mail is hosted elsewhere, I heard that Kerio was good with ical & address book?
  •  
nzer

Ah I c, I'm not sure if it would be as elegant of a solution... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kerio needs to be setup so that it can send invitations to external attendees. When you get a response to your invite, or when you get an invite, you're going to need to tell the .ics file to go to the Kerio CalDAV calendar setup in iCal... which you might be able to do by dragging/dropping it on the CalDAV calendar... otherwise iCal puts it in one of its local calendars. This will get annoying long term.
  •  
My IT Indy

What about using this?

http://www.addressbookserver.com/

that should do what you want.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Godaddy Cert. not trusted?
Next Topic: Problems with iSync connector and Open Directory based user accounts?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 06:36:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.