Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public calendars (Problems with rights)
  •  
martin.b

Send a private message to this user
Hi..
we have a huge problem with our public calendars. The problem is that to be able to create a new meeting in one calender the user has got to be "Editor" as we have it now all the users are editors of all calendars.

The problem we have is the some users deletes other users booked meetings Shocked Shocked we have tried to talk to these people of not delete other peoples bookings but that doesn´t seem to help.

I wonder WHEN there will be a version of KMS where only the creator of a booking can delete his booking. Or is there som other solution to this problem ?

•  
matthias_b

how can it be, that all your users got "edit" rights in public calendars?
default should be only "reading" or adminrights, if you mark the option in domainsettings / user.
  •  
TorW

Have you tried using resources to book meetings? I assume they book some kind of meeting room?
  •  
martin.b

yes it is mostly different kinds of meeting rooms , cars and so on. we want all our users to be able to book these rooms for them self and not have to call or mail some other person to book this resource.

That is why all users are "Editors" at the moment. But if there no other solution than to let just a few people add meetings and so on maybe we will have to go that way Mad Mad Mad .

/Martin
  •  
matthias_b

i seams, that you are useing the publiccalendar and the ressources on a wrong way.
the users should book the ressources in there own calendar. not in the public one.
they have to "invite" the ressource just like other participant. on that way they can also see, if the ressource is free or still booked.
and they are not able to kick other one booking.
  •  
martin.b

Hi Matthias
I havent looked at the resources before Razz . But is it possible to show the rescources calenders or do I always have to look at them through the "invite" in outlook?

/Martin
  •  
matthias_b

all ressources has a calendar
  •  
martin.b

Hi again.

When I try to add a shared calender in outlook with the rescource adress I get an error message saying something like this "It´s not possible to show this folder. Your profile is not configured to perform this task with the current user" the error message is translated from swedish so it might not be 100% correct Smile. The swedish error message says "Det går inte att visa mappen. Din profil är inte konfigurerad så du kan utföra denna åtgärd för den aktuella användaren.

What setting do I need to tick to be able to add the resources calenders to outlook.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

•  
matthias_b

Jeg forstår ikke, Svensk Smile

use admin console.
and make shure that you have the right to see ressources.
Previous Topic: Problems with iSync connector and Open Directory based user accounts?
Next Topic: Junk Filter and Spam Folder (Can't Bypass)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 00:53:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.