Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » GAL duplicate email addresses
  •  
blackbox

Send a private message to this user
Perhaps this issue has been fixed with the newest build, although it doesn't seem to be referenced in the release notes.

I don't know if this is a bug, or functioning as intended, but nevertheless, the results don't make much sense.

My specific issue revolves all Open Directory accounts having duplicate email address entries in the GAL.

For Example: OD user John Doe's GAL entry is as follows:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PRODID:-//kerio.com/Contacts//NONSGML v1.0//EN
N:Doe;John
FN:John Doe
EMAIL;TYPE=PREF,WORK:jdoe<_at_>domain.com
EMAIL;TYPE=WORK:jdoe<_at_>domain.com
CATEGORIES:Global Address List
X-SYNCHRONIZED-FROM-GAL:true

/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/ldapmap/gal_apple.map lists the following
<variable>
<name>Email</name>
<value>
<attribute>kerio-Mail-Address</attribute>
<attribute>mail</attribute>
</value>
</variable>

The LDAP database lists the correct values for both kerio-Mail-Address and mail.

dsAttrTypeNative:mail: jdoe<_at_>domain.com
dsAttrTypeNative:kerio-Mail-Address: jdoealias

If I remove the value stored in dsAttrTypeNative:mail the GAL contains the correct amount of entries. (aliases seem to be populating as expected)

It looks like KMS is utilizing uid + domain name, and also redundantly including the value stored in dsAttrTypeNative:mail.

I'd rather not nullify the values stored in dsAttrTypeNative:mail, as various network items utilize this attribute.

I suppose I could try mucking around with gal_apple.map.

Is this behavior occurring with anyone else?

KMS 6.7.2 build 7821 on OS X Server 10.4.11
  •  
Jennifer

Send a private message to this user
I am having the same problem. I want to see just one of each contact with all their data (including address, maybe notes, etc).
Previous Topic: Kerio on ClearOS
Next Topic: Functions of Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:18:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.