Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Restrict ip address use (outbound smtp using wrong address)
  •  
mountaindogs

Send a private message to this user
I have Kerio 6.7.3patch 1 running on a Mac server 10.6.x. The server has one ethernet connection with two ip addresses configured. Lets say 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3. The forward and reverse dns is setup for 10.0.0.3. As is the mx record. The Kerio services are all set to use 10.0.0.3. However, when sending and email, Kerio sends it out using the 10.0.0.2 address. This causes a failure with some ISP servers as they perform a reverse dns and find that address not matching.

Anyway to restrict Kerio's outbound connection to use only 10.0.0.3?
  •  
sonofcolin

This has been a 'feature' since version 5. Unfortunately, you can not set kerio to bind to only 1 IP on OS X.
  •  
mountaindogs

Thank you for the answer. That is a most unfortunate outcome. I wonder if I change the order of the ip's if that would help.
  •  
sonofcolin

Changing the order makes no difference. With multiple IP's on one NIC, each IP can and will be used. The only solution is to use 1 IP per NIC.
  •  
mountaindogs

Hopefully this works:

I set Kerio to listen to any address for SMTP and Secure SMTP. I then made an additional MX record entry with a 20 priority for the other address. Both ip's have forward and reverse lookups correctly set. Was just hoping to bind mail to one ip.

The server running mail is a temporary one so in two months I'll be able to split mail and web services again.
  •  
sonofcolin

Yes, an MX record for each IP should do the trick.
Previous Topic: VMware Virtual Appliance Webmail
Next Topic: Termine verschwinden / dates missing!!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:07:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.