Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Webmail: import Thunderbird contacts
  •  
mj

Send a private message to this user
I have migrated a user from an IMAP server to KMS 6.7.3 Patch 1, and as all other users who have migrated to Kerio he's using the Webmail Interface instead of Mozilla Thunderbird. Unfortunately he has all his contacts in the local Thunderbird address book and I'm wondering how I could get all those into Kerio's Webmail address book. Any ideas?
  •  
davenet

I'll be following this thread with interest. Hope someone has a solution.

David
  •  
mj

I did some research on this and am a bit closer to the solution, although I'm not done yet. What I was able to figure out: Kerio saves each contact as separate vCard file in /home/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/<domain>/<user>/Contacts/#msgs/ and also keeps an index of all contacts in /home/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/<domain>/<user>/Contacts/index.fld. Kerio's vCard format is a bit different than the default standardized format, so some sort of transformation is necessary but doable. I was able to transform a standard RFC vCard into Kerio's own vCard format and added a proper line into index.fld but the contact did not show up in Kerio Webmail. The next day it was there, and I have no idea why. I'm guessing that it has something to do with me entering a new contact manually through Kerio Webmail.

Now with Kerio Connect supporting CardDAV and the proper Thunderbird Plugin it should be solvable, so I'll be following this new lead instead.
  •  
TorW

I'm not entirely sure if it works, but what happens if you just copy the vCard files to the #msgs folder, create a file called index.bad in the folder above and restarts the mailserver? In theory, KMS should now index the contents of the #msgs folder and create a new index.fld file.

By the way: the only difference between Kerio's vCard format and standard is the first 5 lines with the email-like header lines. If you chop them off you have a standard format which can be imported into other apps. I've tested import into Apple's Address Book and Entourage with success. A small shell script involving sed should be able to convert all the contacts in short order.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2010 10:44]

•  
mj

Since I just found out the the only CardDAV Extension for Thunderbird is not compatible to 3.x yet I'll give that a shot, thanks.
Previous Topic: delete post
Next Topic: Apple mail no longer showing the invitees email status in title.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:59:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.