Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage categories
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Does any one know if there is any way to get Entourage categories to sync into kerio?

I have about a 100 users or so using Entourage and kerio. Quite a few people use categories, but Entourage is quite an unstable bit of software so when I get database rebuild errors I just recreate accounts instead of rebuilding as it is quicker. I also have had Entourage delete mail off the server before due to database rebuilds.

This then brings up the issue were categories are lost and users get annoyed.

Any one got any work around or know if it will be supported in kerio connect?
  •  
My IT Indy

Entourage categories don't sync anywhere.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
sfpete

This is indeed a bummer. Anyone know if rectified in KC7?

Entourage running web services edition connecting to a (gasp!) exchange server does sync categories.
  •  
scsc_tech

Does anyone have a solution for categories with kerio?

We have had kerio for a long time as our mail server and Now up to date as our calendar solution. Everyone is used to the idea of categories within a shared calendar. Since now up to date is defunct we are moving to kerio exchange calendaring.

If there is absolutely no way to get categories to work, how are other users managing their calendars to organize the data? what are the 'creative' solutions?
  •  
sfpete

The combination of Kerio and Entourage is a bit rough around the edges for calendaring right now for the reasons you state.

You may need to get creative with how you structure calendars... meaning you may need to create distinct shared calendars for what you consider each category in Now Up to Date.

The main drawback right now with Entourage and this plan being that you can't overlay these calendars and look at them at the same time to see how they overlay and relate to one-another.

You may want to use iCal in addition to Entourage email/contacts and it's single view calendaring for this functionality alone. iCal will overlay calendars.

Outlook 2010 for Mac... to be released as part of Office 2010... does indeed have the ability to view multiple calendars simultaneously over one-another.
Previous Topic: Unable to expand the folder
Next Topic: Disappearing Diskspace
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 20:58:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.