Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MAPI error when starting Outlook 2003
  •  
macti

Send a private message to this user
I'm migrating a customer from Zimbra to KMS (I'm closing my Zimbra hosting product). Some of the users are using MS Outlook 2003 and were using the Zimbra MAPI connector. So what I did is that I installed KOC Offline and created a new profile called Kerio that is using the KMS "server type". Now, when Outlook starts, it ask to pick a profile.

That worked great on my Windows box, but not at the customer's site. After they created the Kerio profile, they start Outlook and get :

Impossible to open your default mail folders. 0x80070057 MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER

The only difference is that on my box, I'm a admin so I was able to install and configure the connector. At the customer's site, users have no right to install software, so we installed KOC with an admin account, and the profile was created inside the user account.

Does users have to be admin to use Outlook with the connector? It was working fine with the Zimbra connector (I did have to install the Zimbra connector as a admin too) so I'm not sure the problem lies there.
  •  
Valenzi

I only can say you need to be admin to install connector, not for using it!
  •  
macti

I also forgot to say that the users data is stored on their Windows server (Active Directory profiles).
  •  
fcco

Few days ago i got similar errors on a client pc, try this:

1. close outlook
2. goto c:\windows\system32
3. find mapi32.dll, rename it to mapi32.old
4. find fixmapi.exe in the c:\windows\system32 folder and run it

Then retry.
  •  
nhoague

There is also another fix for stupid outlook problems:

1) Close outlook
2) Go to c:\windows\users\<username>\Application Data\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook
3) Rename outcmd.dat to outcmd.old
4) Restart Outlook

Also try to repair and empty the local cache and let a resync happen.
Previous Topic: Kerio Migration Tool on same server?
Next Topic: N900 and birthday
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:24:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.