Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Updating to Kerio Connect 7 (I updated. Did you update? How did it go?)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
I took the plunge on one of our servers and updated to Kerio Connect 7. So far, so good. Some quick observations:

- The installation was (as always) very simple and went without a hitch.
- The new web based Admin looks very nice and is a welcome improvement.
- I switched from using Kerio Sync Connector for Mac for my Address Book to the new CardDAV sync and it seems to be working well.

All in all, a smooth update so far. Anyone else?

Will Mayall

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2010 02:57]

•  
chris.lee

I'm still running 6.7.1 but looking to update to KC7... what happens with the version of Kerio Outlook Connector installed on client machines ?

Does the connector need to be installed manually again or does it automatically update itself from the Kerio Connect server ?
  •  
fump

i updated to caldav too, but my addressbook on my mac do not work smooth anymore. the little sync-icon spins around, the processor works at over 100% for addressbook and finally i got a beachball in that program. disgusting.

i installed the ksc against the recommendation and it seems to work.

system is 10.6.2, machine is mbp 2,2 with 4 gb

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2010 14:20]

•  
Anonymous
chris.lee wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 21:32
I'm still running 6.7.1 but looking to update to KC7... what happens with the version of Kerio Outlook Connector installed on client machines ?

Does the connector need to be installed manually again or does it automatically update itself from the Kerio Connect server ?

The Outlook Connector will update automatically at first launch with the server update.
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

same here with the CardDAV. The user's CardDAV account works, the public folders don't.

Also, testing with an account with 7000 address book entries left the Mac barely usable, AdressBook *and* AddressBook Sync processes both took 100% CPU, machine became very sluggish and I killed the sync after 15mins. MBP 2,4GHz 4GB RAM 10.6.2.

My co-worker also has issues with the public folders and his account does not work at all with CardDAV.

We're on a Open Directory network, set up as mobile users and have full admin permissions to our machines, as most of our customers are set up. Could the problem be here?
  •  
p0ddie

Oh, and as a follow up... not that it's an official feature or that anyone at Kerio bothered implementing it since there are only 3 feature requests afaik: Searching all (at least more) fields with LDAP still doesn't work... It only searches the first name, name and e-mail address fields in a query. As an added bonus to the total unusability, not all records of the contact are shown when searched via LDAP, the comment section for example stays clean. This is all with Apple Address Book on 10.6.2.

It's a shame. Imam open a new topic for this now. again.
  •  
mj

Is the update free for 6.7.3 users?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The update is free for all customers with valid product subscription.
  •  
mj

Sweet, thank you. I'll update as soon as the German version will be available.

Just in case: are there going to be any security updates and patches for Version 6.7 now that v7 has been released?
  •  
p0ddie

that's not how Kerio licensing works... you can update to any version as as long as you have a valid subscription, and the next update to Kerio 6.7.3 is Kerio 7, so no, there will be no more Kerio 6 updates.

Also, "German version"... the localized German stuff is in there already, go ahead and update already Wink
  •  
mj

Alright I will, thanks.
Kerioadmin still claims there's no new version tho, so do I simply download the 30 day trial and activate my licenses again? We're running Kerio on a Linux server, do I need to remove the old RPM and reinstall from scratch or do I run rpm with -U?
  •  
My IT Indy

rpm -U will work fine. Just make sure kerio connect starts again when you're done. The script syntax has changed to:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/kerio-connect start

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Will Mayall

Update update:

I first switched to using CardDAV in Mac OS X 10.6. It worked but Address Book was extremely sluggish. It would often simply stopped responding. Address Book did show an activity icon but it was not clear what it was doing when it stopped since the data had not changed and there should have been nothing to update.

The other issue for me is that I use MobileMe and want my contacts synchronized. Using CardDAV prevents that since MobileMe syncs your local contacts.

I switched back to Kerio Sync Connector which is, in comparison, blindingly fast. All is good now.

Will Mayall
  •  
mj

FYI: did the update today, and it all went smooth. Finally the first-character-chopped-off issue on the HTC Hero is no more! Smile
renefn

My upgrade didn't go that well... On the server side it worked smoothly and all Outlook Connector Offline Editions updated themselves, so all seemed well...

But... unfortunately I have had many KOFF users who couldn't send any email. The worst thing was that there was no indication of it, because mails were placed in Sent items and they received mails just fine!

The solution so far has been to empty the KOFF cache which seems to cure the problem, and in one instance it was enought to kill Outlook and start it again. This is really bad since the mails that they had "sent" before I solved the problem had to be resent because they weren't being sent automatically.

The first user to experience this was of course our CEO who was working really late in the evening... Sad

I'm waiting for a response from support to see if they have heard about this before and if they know of some way to solve this from the server. There's always users who don't read my status emails and they risk "sending" email for days before they realize that none of them were actually sent.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: self signed certificate on iphone
Next Topic: Outlook silently fails to send messages after user updates KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:48:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00555 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.