Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Distributed domain with Kerio and Exchange?
  •  
greg_m

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a domain shared between Kerio and an Exchange server? And what about Groupwise? We are merging three businesses into one and all have different mail servers, and no one wants to change of course.

Thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

You can have Kerio deliver unknown email accounts to another server, so just point it at the Exchange server. That's under Domain->Your domain->Forwarding tab.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
greg_m

Yeah, that's how we do things at the moment, but we will need a proper distributed domain soon. We need shared contacts, calendars, resources, etc. I don't know if I will be able to persuade our sister company's IT Director that his Exchange server is a bloated piece of cr<_at_>pware born of a monopolistic dinosaur, and that he should switch to the infinitely better alternative that is Kerio.

I might work on rephrasing my pitch a little of course Wink
  •  
My IT Indy

The idea is sound, the pitch was a bit intense....The Kerio migration tool works well with Exchange, maybe you could demo it for them with moving over those accounts and showing how everything is still there?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
hbianchi

To have an unique dom ain, really working with a common contact list and share calendars, you must convince 2 of the 3 to move to one platform. Other solutions will give you a los of headache and work (hand work) to keep those thing syncronized writing interface programs, etc.etc. Better solution is to move to one platform, best solution comes looking at the cost of having Kerio or Exchange platform. I suggest you should read, and make reluctant people read the article on ownership cost comparison between kerio and exchange.

http://img.kerio.com/kms/Exchange_TCO_Comparison.pdf

no matter that this article comes from Kerio, figures are close to actual world.
  •  
greg_m

Quote:
The idea is sound, the pitch was a bit intense....

I often find my sense of humor doesn't translate through this medium Wink

OK, just thought I'd check. Thanks.
Previous Topic: Thunderbird 3 w/ lightning... calendar not allowed access
Next Topic: Voice Email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 09:18:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.