Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio (7) and many many contacts on a Mac - does not compute?
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hey,

I have a customer with 10.000 addresses in (now, finally) his public folders. Prior to having them in the public folders, they belonged to one user and he shared those addresses (back when they were only 5000 entries) via Entourage 2008.

If a new client was added and subscribed to these addresses, it took a good 3 hours to buffer them in the local Entourage database.

As Entourage is no option anymore and we moved to iCal/Address Book/Mail.app, I would like to inquire on how you guys handle such big amounts of addresses.

- Kerio Sync Connector: Unreliable, eats CPU, incompatible with Open Directory server accounts (streamed)

- CardDAV (I cut it some slack since it's very young): Huge CPU hog and still somewhat unreliable, also limited to Snow Leopard and above

- LDAP lookup: zippy and will probably eat 10x more addresses, but does not show all fields in an address record, and more seriously, you only get search results if you search for content in the first name, last name or e-mail address field, other fields are ignored in the search (Kerio is aware, but does not think this is crucial)

- Webmail (I love webmail, but the typical user likes to have an e-mail application, plus we need different signatures, full text search and so on)

I seem to be out of options, what can I do?

Dear Kerio team members, you are very welcome to share your insight on how your concept in this is. Thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

LDAP is supposed to auto-complete email addresses in email clients that don't support contact synchronization (Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Thunderbird etc.). It wasn't intended to provide complete in-depth searching of all contact items.

In case of Kerio Sync Connector and AddressBook you may notice that high CPU and memory usage is caused usually by system applications (Sync Server, AddressBook). Since we are not vendor of these applications, we have quite limited space for solution. We have noticed that importing 10000 contacts to the AddressBook (with no syncing with Kerio Connect) takes huge amount of time and resources.
  •  
p0ddie

Hey,

a well formed answer that leaves me with nothing more than to agree. Yes, it seems the Apple stuff leaves much to be desired (although the KerioSyncHelper process is also a CPU hog).

However, what do you recommend as a solution to the situation? What to do if you're stuck with 10.000 addresses and, to add insult to the injury, a Mac?
Previous Topic: Delete Inbox
Next Topic: Nokia E75 and ActiveSync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.