Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7 feature "delete objects older than x" only damain-wide?
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hey,

I was thrilled to see the implementation of a feature to delete everything (except for calendar and contacts) older than x days in Kerio. To my big disappointment, it seems I can only set this domain-wide. Is there a possibility to exclude/include certain users from this whereas others keep all their stuff, or is it a all or nothing thing?

If so, I highly request individual delete settings for individual users...
  •  
pcunix

Definitely needs to be able to be set at the user level - it should work just as quotas do.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
hbianchi

The feature of "aging deletion" should be reviewed. The best choice is to have a two level setup: domain level and a user level that overides the firs one. Of course, user level should be setup by administrators, at least in standard folders (INBOX, Sent Items, Junk, etc.). Another tool is to jhave the possibility to setup on a folder by folder basis, at leas, granularity should include INBOX, Sent Items and User Created folders, and not only Junk and Deleted folders.
  •  
willoneal

I agree with the first two posters. However, prior to the automatic deletion, there should be the ability archive the messages marked for deletion to another volume/share point. I know you could do this with a client side message rule, but that would mean a lot of rules to watch over every day.
Previous Topic: Out of office and Mail
Next Topic: Problem with instalall Kerio-Connect on Ubuntu 64bit server 8.04 LTS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:18:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.