Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal Config Tool - Cannot connect to server (About iCal Config using iCal config tool)
  •  
nisc

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

We are currently using KMS 6.7.2 build 7821 in a hosted environment. It is installed on a Windows 2003 Server.

We are testing iCal via CalDAV on this server and I've downloaded the iCal config tool via the webmail interface.

When running this tool, after having entered administrative credentials, it prompts for account information. The field "Server:" reports the internal server name and not the public name. Therefor it fails to connect.
What am I missing here?

Thanks for your feedback!

•  
My IT Indy

You need to make sure the hostname in the domain panel is the same as the FQDN of the server.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
nisc

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to make sure; you mean to set it to the public FQDN, right?
Internally the server is known as "serverx.internaldomain.int" and publicly it is known as "webmail.externaldomain.com". I would set the hostname to "webmail.externaldomain.com"?
Do you need to reboot or restart services after this change?

Thanks again.
  •  
nisc

Well, I changed the hostname in the domain panel to the public FQDN of the server but no change it still tries to connect to the internal server name from the internet.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?
  •  
Lyle M

Which hostname are you entering into the browser?

On a side-note, you might want to read this thread regarding the iCal config tool:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=16555

-Lyle
  •  
nisc

Hi Lyle,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using https://webmail.externaldomain.com, which then redirects to https://webmail.externaldomain.com/webmail/login.php.

Perhaps the iCal auto config tool only works when used internally, not over the internet.
I noticed in the thread you posted a link to, that you need LDAP and GC ports to be opened; that's not really going to happen.
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Nisc,

If you don't have port access to Kerio's LDAP services then this really isn't going to work outside your firewall. Keep in mind that the LDAP part is only needed if you require auto-complete when inviting people and resources to meetings. If you're just 'calendaring' and not 'meeting,' you can likely just get away with a manual CalDAV setup in iCal; avoid the iCal auto-configure.

If auto-complete is necessary, we can look at your config in more detail and see what the options are with your firewall. Note that the LDAP connection is setup using SSL and authentication, so the risks are minimal.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
nisc

I know how open these port on our firewall but doing so is something that I can't decide on right now, anyway. Moreover, if it's just the autocomplete functionallity then we can do without that. What is odd is that when running the auto config tool it wants to connect to serverx.internaldomain.int:80.

I have been able to configure iCal using the manual setup and this works fine except that sending invitation requests to external users is pretty weird; i get them twice or they get sent to really strange non-email addresses. Using the kerio sync connector you need to have local email client configured.

Anywho, thanks for your time.
I truely appreciate it!
I'm gonna fiddle around with it some more.

Cheers,
Tim
Previous Topic: Resource booking not working
Next Topic: Limit Domain size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:59:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.