Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP mapping with a standalone KMS 6.7.2 and OPENFIRE ? (ldap mapping DN openfire KMS)
  •  
forum69

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

since there is no IM in the new Kerio Connect V7, I would like to install openfire 6.4.2 Sad

Does someone have successfully install Openfire (on a linux plateforme) to address a local LDAP kerio database (my server is a linux rhel5 standalone server ) ?

my Configurations failed with these two points in directory server LDAP -> profile settings configuration :

1/ Base DN :

What is the correct DN to declare to address only the GAL kerio LDAP ? (fn=contactroot, dc=domain, dc=com or something else)

2/ Authentification

what is the correct Administrator DN to declare ? (admin or admin<_at_>domain.com by exemple)

thank's

•  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Are you trying to use the GAL as a resource of available users, or for user authentication?
I don't believe Kerio's LDAP provides AUTH services outside itself.

You may be better off setting up a real LDAP server. I recall you can point your local accounts to the LDAP server for authentication without having to delete the local account. You could also delete the local account (not it's folder) and then add an LDAP account with the same short name - it will point to the original mail store.

This KB article may help:
http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=409

Standard LDAP isn't directly supported by Kerio, but it does work. Active Directory and Open Directory are better choices in terms of support.

I'm playing with OpenFire on a test server right now. It connected with my Open Directory server beautifully (although I haven't gotten profile photos to work yet). I'll soon be deploying it on the Kerio server for production.

I'm by no means the authority on this. So, cum grano salis.

-Lyle
Previous Topic: Cannot recieve email but can send!
Next Topic: how to upgrade from kerio mail server 6.3.1 to 6.7.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:34:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.