Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.0 vs Outlook 2000 (I see it is no longer supported, but will it still work?)
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Send a private message to this user
Can anyone that has upgraded/tested Kerio Connect 7.0 (Production release) if it doesn't in fact work with KOC/KOFF or is it just "no longer supported".

(Will it even allow me to install KOC is another thing, a lot of times it would just say not supported and close the install exe)

I have about 6-10 users here that still use Outlook 2000 on a daily basis, and I almost upgraded this for the new droid support, but saw that outlook 2000 was dropped from the list of supported outlook versions.

All of the users only use the KOC (Online connector), so I would hope it isn't an issue. Otherwise, I will have to upgrade all of them just so their email will work again? Yes I know they can use the web interface, but outlook is so much nicer.

Thanks for the help,
Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

So 107 people looked at this post and no one commented back? Does everyone have a newer version of Outlook then me???

Either way, I am more or less looking for success stories of the motorola droid so at least I will get that benefit when switching over!

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
LehmansSysAdmin

We discontinued use of Outlook 2000. Does MS even release patches for Office 2000 any more? I thought they ended life for Office 2000 last year some time.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

I wish I could discontinue it, but that isn't possible right now. I would rather the phones sync though. I just would like to know what happens?

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Lyle M

You might want to talk to the fellow in this thread:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=rview&goto=67645

His Outlook 2000 client appears to be working with the exception of a funky new-mail notifier.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Thanks for the link. Well I reviewed all the users that we have using OUtlook 2000 which was around 10, and only 3 of those actually used outlook for email, so I updated them to Outlook 2003 (Via volume license that we have) and installed kerio connect last night and all is well.

No problems to report yet.

Thanks for the help, now what to do with the other 7 users when they see that outlook is cooler then the kerio webclient.

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Lyle M

You're welcome Trent.

You might want to make certain that the Outlook/KOFF users are able to send E-mail. There are numerous reports on this forum about messages moving to Sent Items with no apparent error, but not actually being sent by the server.

See http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=16843

For now, the webmail users may end up being the cooler ones!

-Lyle
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Thanks, wow I hadn't read that. That is very concerning but luckily I use manual authentication so hopefully it doesn't cause any issues for me.

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
etieseler

I noticed you are looking to have your Motorola DROID supported. I am running 6.7.3 and I can sync my DROID ERIS and it works just fine. EMail, Contacts, and Calendar.

I had to edit the mailserver.cfg file and add <variable name="AllowUnsupportedDevices>1</variable> in the <table name="MobileSync"> section.

This was the only issue, it was not allowed to connect because it was "unsupported" but everything has been working fine.

Just an FYI.

Ed
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

I don't have a eris on kerio that needs to be supported, but my wife has the eris and hasn't seen any of the issues that we were having on the moto droid but they use pop accounts. Almost all of the issues have went away since our upgrade the Kerio Connect 7.0 with the droid, with the exception of forwarding attachments.

Trent Greenawalt
Previous Topic: Deactivate Web Administration
Next Topic: Spam Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 01:51:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.