Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook "new mail" notifier pops up on ANY mail (...even auto-saved drafts and if you're moving mails between folders)
  •  
silver.mab

Send a private message to this user
One of our workstations has Outlook 2000 installed and since the update to Kerio Connect, the "new mail" notification is somewhat broken. (Note: Anything else works fine for now.)

The "new mail" icon appears in the systray on any occasion where the number of mails in the folders changes.

• moving a mail between folders
  • auto-save of a draft
  • sending a mail (=auto-save of mail to "Sent" folder)

Did anyone else found this behavior? Is there any fix to it?

Best regards

Markus Birth
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Markus,

What protocol is the Outlook 2000 client using (IMAP, POP, KOC-offline, KOC)? I doubt I'll be able to help you, but others will need to know this in order to assist.

My understanding from the KC7 release notes is that Outlook 2000 is no longer supported for either of the Kerio Outlook Connector plug-ins. There's no indication as to what that actually means in real-world experiences. There's no mention of any issue with Outlook 2000 used with standard protocols.

Barring another workaround, the best advice is to upgrade from Outlook 2000 or switch to webmail. Alternately, a downgrade back to Kerio Mail Server 6.7.x. It's not unreasonable for a vendor to abandon support for a 10+ year old product.

Now, if Kerio made their own cross-platform groupware fat client solution... Wink

Best of luck,
Lyle
  •  
silver.mab

Hello, Lyle,

lylehm wrote on Mon, 15 February 2010 15:21
What protocol is the Outlook 2000 client using (IMAP, POP, KOC-offline, KOC)? I doubt I'll be able to help you, but others will need to know this in order to assist.

Thanks for your reply. It is the KOC - as far as I can see the offline version.

The thing is, Outlook 2000 works fine at all. This little "bug" is only a bit annoying - nothing more. Everything works.

Regards,
Markus
  •  
Lyle M

Can you disable the systray notifier and build a rule in Outlook to notify some other way? Forgive me if that leads nowhere, it's been years since I've touched OL2000.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 February 2010 15:36]

•  
Trent Greenawalt

I am tempted to just roll this out and hope for the best. Anyone else have any luck with Outlook 2000 still working after the update to Kerio COnnect? The benefits far outweight the downpoints.

Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
willamettevalley

We still have an old Terminal Server with Outlook 2000 on it, and we're using KOC of course because no way we can store all the offline caches on that server.

Since upgrade from MailServer 6.6.2 to Connect 7.0.1, everything still seems to be working fine with the exception of the "new email" alerts.

Some users have their tray envelope that shows up for new emails turned on, and others have it set to pop up the box in the middle of the screen saying New Email -- do you want to read it -- Yes - No.

Users will get the envelope and/or the pop up box sometimes when deleting emails, moving emails to another folder, saving drafts, or sending emails (but not every time or even necessarily both -- the envelope seems much more persistent than the pop up box).

It is hard to figure out exactly what is the cause. Unless anyone else has any great ideas on how to fix, I may have to tell people to turn their notifications off.
Previous Topic: Sending Group Contacts
Next Topic: Kerio connect 7.1 release date?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 03:57:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00546 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.