Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Too many connections to LDAP servers?? (A new error after updating to Kerio Connect 7)
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

After switching to manual authentication to fix the current bug in KOFF I'm not seeing a new error in th warning log:
[17/Feb/2010 08:39:53] Too many connections to LDAP servers (vad01 vad02). Number of actual connections is 34 and is limited to 32.

What is this? I'm seeing KOFF display a yellow warning triangle on several clients and they're disconnected from the server, but a relaunch of Outlook seems to fix it.

Is this related to the manual authentication (I don't see how) or is it a new error in Kerio Connect? I've never had this error before and now it's repeated several times each minute!

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
marook

Hi Rene,

That sounds strange, as the default limit in Kerio is 1000. There is a GUI settings for this, for each Service, under the Access tab. Check if it's been changed.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
renefn

It's still reading 1000, but this is also for LDAP connections from the clients to Kerio Connect. The error in the log seems to be the connection between Kerio Connect and our Active Directory servers...

This release seems to be a bit buggy... I never had problems with updates before!

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
renefn

I restarted the server and it seems like the logs aren't flooded with this error anymore... crossing my fingers!

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
sedell

I've run into this in the past. Assuming it hasn't changed in connect, it's not a setting you can get to through the admin console. See this thread: Too many connections to external LDAP server.

Scott
  •  
renefn

Thank you for the link... I hadn't thought of searching the forum for this since I thought it was a new bug in Connect... Shocked

Kerio support tells me it's because of the manual authentication. I've been told that a patch to fix KOFF is due for today or tomorrow, so I'll just revert to SPA ASAP.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: Limit Domain size
Next Topic: Need duplicate mails for outside mails but not for internally mails (MX-Record/SMTP)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:58:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.