Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Express Not Retrieving Emails (Cannot retrieve emails from Kerio Mailsever prior to the setup of Outlook Express)
  •  
Ellis.Lambert

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have just set up an email account in Outlook Express, to work alongside another email account in Office Outlook. Doesn't really need to be explained but this is the most convenient way to achieve what we're after.

The email account is set up correctly (mostly) in Outlook Express because all new emails are coming through. However, the user has a very large amount of folders/sub folders within his inbox (visible via kerio webmail), and none of them are visible in Outlook Express. As well as this all mail within the 'root' of The only thing i can think of is that i'm not noticing an option to retrieve all emails prior to setting up the account in Outlook Express.

We are using the latest version of Kerio Mailserver, and i'm wondering if anybody here can tell me how to solve this? It's more than likely that i'm just missing the obvious but it's quite important and i don't have any time to waste.

Any help is much appreciated,
Ellis
  •  
pcunix

Did you use IMAP or POP? POP can't show other folders.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Ellis.Lambert

It is currently using POP, for some strange reason i assumed it was POP and not IMAP. I re-created the account using IMAP and was given the option to download folders from the server. Everything seems fine now!

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply pcunix, its very much appreciated!

Regards,
Ellis
  •  
pcunix

Outlook defaults to POP. Kerio is happy to answer to that, but the protocol is only going to see one folder.

Realize also that IMAP leaves your messages on the server, so you can mix that with webmail and always see a consistent view. See "Pop and Imap" for more on the differences

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Ellis.Lambert

Once again, many thanks.
Previous Topic: No calender-Sync after Update Kerio Mail Server
Next Topic: Deactivate Web Administration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 16:29:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.