Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mixed up addresses in Apple Address Book - anyone also had this?
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have had another encounter with totally mixed up addresses in Apple Address Book connected to KMS/KC via Sync Connector.

First off, let me state that I don't think this is necessarily a bug in Kerio, but rather a problem with Address Book/Sync Services.

I have numerous addresses that contain email addresses of another contact, several different addresses or completely mixed up information. Weird.

I have many many customers I installed a Kerio Mailserver with, and none but these two have this problem. One of them has ~10.000 addresses and I thought maybe the whole Address Book / sync thing was just overburdened with this amount, the other customer has only ~200 addresses though.

Things I have found out to be similar with these two customers:

1. they had categories in their addresses
2. they imported a bunch of addresses from Outlook and had these imported into their Address Book
3. the notes field in the contact contains messy xml info from Outlook.

Anyone else encountered these weirdnesses?

I currently removed all categories and will see if this works...
  •  
My IT Indy

I just had this happen to my own contacts when I moved to Card DAV. One person's name would be put into another person's card with their contact info.

Interesting about the categories, as I use them myself.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
p0ddie

hi,

great, thanks for the info, so I am not alone Smile

Can you verify if everything stays fine now, or if any mashups happen again? If so, could you check if categories play a role in this? I wanna track this down...
Previous Topic: iCal Auto-Config Tool
Next Topic: Birthdays are stored one day off when entered on iPhone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:17:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00360 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.