Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » updates for 6.7.3?
  •  
bmaster

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We cannot upgrade to Kerio Connect 7 yet because the connector doesn't support Outlook 2000 anymore, and we have a lot of computers running that version of Outlook. I noticed that there's a new McAffee engine in Kerio 7. Will there be an update to 6.7.3 which includes this engine? Or more general, will there be any updates to 6.7.3 in the future?

Thanks!
  •  
marook

And how long do you think the world should support your 10 YEAR old client software?? For free..

Do you also still run it on Win95??

I would suggest to contact Kerio and ask their price to make you a custom version, or look into upgrading the McAffee engine yourself (if it's possible..)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
campodoro74

That's a harsh reaction. Also we're not ready to move to Connect 7 (and yes, we're using Office 2003 and 2007) simply because I don't have the manpower to upgrade all KOC and KOFF connectors on our remote PC's (it should go automatically but that doesn't always work).

The question was: will the AV engine still receive it's updates on running 6.7.3 installations; he didn't ask for extended Office 2000 support.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 16:19]

•  
bmaster

@marook: thank you for the very friendly and helpfull reply!

@campodoro74: thanks for "translating" my question, you understood it right Smile
  •  
marook

Hi,

Actually, yes - I admit that, and then got the Tech Specs for KC7 - it actually says:

Client Requirements
Windows
Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007
Windows Mail (Vista)
Windows Calendar (Vista)

Seems to me that KC7 Does support Outlook 2000 ! Go figure!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I don't know where the Tech Specs come from but the correct source for System Requirements is here: http://www.kerio.com/connect/requirements
  •  
bmaster

marook: I am talking about the outlook connector in combination with the outlook 2000, so if you quote system requirements, then please quote the correct ones. The link kerio_pdobry gives clearly says that outlook 2000 is not supported anymore by the connector.

@kerio_pdobry: can you answer my question? Will there be (security) updates to 6.7.3 like the new mcafee engine?
  •  
marook

LOL,

It comes from Your online PDF - the first info I could find:

http://www.kerio.com/connect/literature links to:
http://www.kerio.com/sites/default/files/Datasheet-Connect7- US.pdf

@bmaster
I know you talk about the Connector. Sorry about your old installation!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 16:45]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thanks marook. It seems the datasheet has inaccurate description of system requirements. We will update it soon.
  •  
bmaster

Kerio_pdobry, that still doesn't answer the question if there will be AV updates on version 6.7.3?
  •  
Simple

I'm running Office XP(2002) on Windows 2000 Server, can I upgrade to Kerio Connect 7 without problems ?

I know Office XP is still supported, but the operation system Windows 2000 not.

Like is there an operation system check in the installation of KOC or something ?
  •  
bmaster

I don't know about an operating system check, but there is an office version check.
  •  
bmaster

I created a support ticket with Kerio, and got this reply:

Quote:
The scan engine is usually updated by mayor releases.
So it is recommended to update to Connect 7 if you want to have the newer Scan Engine 5.4.00.

There will be no update on the Scan Engine at all on Kerio MailServer 6.7.3 Patch 1.

You have to make a decision, what you realy want - New scan Engine or Outlook 2000.
  •  
zichovsky

@bmaster
If you can't upgrade your extremely old Outlook (MS stopped full support some time ago so you had enough time to make any solution), then stop using it and try webmail.
I have clients which quited Outlook (XP) few years ago and now are using webmail only. And they are satisfied with it (some responses I got are that webmail is even better than Outlook XP).
Try this apporach. Nothing can live forever, and life cycle in IT is unfortunately only few years for common applications.
  •  
ccjwells

bmaster wrote on Wed, 24 February 2010 04:12
I don't know about an operating system check, but there is an office version check.

I would be completely unsupported, but you might be able to use Orca and remove the office version check from the .msi file.
Previous Topic: Mail.app Exchange Account
Next Topic: Strange Items in Message Cue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:25:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00564 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.