Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CardDAV & iPhone (Custom Labels supported status..)
  •  
marook

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

So, I just made some tests here with CardDAV on KC7p1 and OS X Address Book on 10.6 + iPhone OS 3.1.2

Since Custom Labels is not supported in KSH, I was a bit eager to find out the status with CardDAV.

Custom Labels is a way of labeling data, like phone numbers, with labels such as 'iPhone' end other, besides the normal home, private, office, main & mobile.

After adding the CardDAV account to AB, I added a Public contact with a phone number on the card, with the label 'iPhone' (build in label in AB!)
Sync to Kerio and check in webmail: Nope, does not show up.
Drag the contact, in webmail, to the accounts Personal Contacts folder, and it shows up in AB in the personal Contacts account.
To my big joy, the contact there actually includes the phone number WITH the custom iPhone label!
So, seems like the backend in Kerio actually support custom labels at this point!

On to the iPhone: Create the Exchange account, check the contact in addressbook, but No Go - no custom labels!
So, big question (Kerio?) is: Where does the support break? Kerio Active Sync or the iPhones current Active Sync support?? Or just basic Active Sync protocol??????

Custom Label Support State:
Address Book: Yes
Kerio Backend: Yes
Kerio Webmail: NO
Active Sync: NO

Seems like iPhone address book sync still needs USB or MobileMe sync!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
troywilliams

Send a private message to this user
Not 100% sure on this but seems like when I ran into this in the past and discussed it with kerio support it was an active sync limitation.
Previous Topic: PHP connection to Kerio Mailserver
Next Topic: [Solved] Kerio Sync Connector can't verify server identity
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:47:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.