Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CardDAV and Public Folder contacts
  •  
samvenning

Send a private message to this user
I have also been experimenting with new CardDAV features in Kerio Connect 7.0.0 (patch 1, build 1101).

I've created two contact folders under the Public folder. One contact folder "Contacts" is read-only for staff. The other contact folder "Contacts to Add" provides staff (all users of the domain) with read and write privileges.

It seems Mac OS Address Book configured to access Public folder via CardDAV can not edit records in the Public contact folder that has read&write privileges (The folder "Contacts to Add"). Also, Address Book allows you to create additional records but these aren't added to the Public contacts folder with read and write privileges. (The folder "Contacts to Add").

I think Kerio documentation should clarify this and make any limitations explicit. Has anyone else experimented with this can care to share their experience? Thanks.
  •  
marook

Send a private message to this user
Just testing here, and I can add to the GAL from my account - but I'm also listed as Admin of the Public Folders - maybe that is the key?

I'm a bit split here, as the GAL is auto-updated from the Users list...

It seems it adds a category 'My Contacts' to the cards edited via AB.. but how does it know it's Mine, and not just cards edited by someone.. is there set a Editor metadata also?

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: [KC7] Office XP on Windows 2000
Next Topic: change webmail <title> message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:54:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.