Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 7 Open Directory / WGM issue..
  •  
sussox

Send a private message to this user
I'm evaluating Kerio and have configured a Open Directory setup.

Everyting is fine except the automapping of users created in WGM (Work Group Manager) on the OD-Master. (10.5.8 Server)

When i create a new User it will not show up in Kerio until i go to Kerio and "Add -> Add from Directory Service" and select the user and add it.

I think i have found the actual problem, but not the solution. When creating the user the following user records is not created in the Directory:

dsAttrTypeNative:kerio-Mail-AccountEnabled 1
dsAttrTypeNative:kerio-Mail-Active 1

However, when i add the user in kerio like above, the user records are created and if i manually add the user record in WGM, the user pops up in Kerio.

So, why is not the userrecors created? I have installed the Kerio Directory Extention.. Is there anything more needed?
  •  
marook

As far as I know, that is not supposed to happen!

You need to use the Kerio admin interface to add users!
The good news is, you can add multible users in one go...

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
sussox

So, then the manual is wrong? It says that users will show up automatically when added in WGM when the Directory Extension is installed..

[Updated on: Fri, 26 February 2010 12:33]

•  
marook

My understanding is: They show up automatically in the 'Add user from Directory...' dialog inside Kerio. You can then choose what users to enable email for.
Smile

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
sussox

Ah, does anyone know if the setup can be modified to auto-add the user-recods when a new user is created in WGM? Normally i want email for all users i create..

[Updated on: Fri, 26 February 2010 12:43]

•  
marook

Try support.kerio.com .. Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
renefn

For what it's worth then users created in AD is automatically added to Kerio, but I don't know if the functionality is the same with the OD integration.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
marook

@renefn: YOu say that when you add a new user in your AD, it's automatically enabled in Kerio with a working email account????

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
renefn

Yes. The Kerio Active Directory extension asks for an email address every time a new user and group is created and activates the user/group if an address is entered. Very easy.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: Outlook 2003 SPA (Secure Password Authentication) with Linux CentOS supported?
Next Topic: Exception to SMTP size limit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:38:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.