Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disable Domain Name instead of Deleting It (Disable Domain Name instead of Deleting It)
  •  
sohaibwcws

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a domain name which I wanted to disable it instead of deleting it, how I can do that, so the user wont receive any emails from inside or outside the organization.

Thanks.
  •  
TorW

In the admin console: mark all the users in the domain, click edit, disable the accounts, click OK then apply. Does the same thing.

Alternatively, remove the MX record for the domain and be sure the A-record points to a server without any SMTP service.
  •  
sohaibwcws

but let say if any other domain with in kerio mail server tries to email that same user which I disable on a different domain will get a message saying mailbox does not exist even thou I have change the MX record and point to different server...
  •  
TorW

KMS does not look up MX records for local domains, so use the first method instead (i.e. disable all the users in the domain).

It would probably be easier to take a backup of the domain's folder structure and delete it from the admin console though. Once you enter a domain in the admin console, you're basically saying "yes, we are accepting mail for this domain".
Previous Topic: Korean WebMail Translation file
Next Topic: How to transfer Mails & addr book from outlook to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:18:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.