Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrade from KMS 6.7.3 Patch 1 to Connect 7
  •  
martin.b

Send a private message to this user
Hi..
Is there a document on how to do this upgrade or is it just to install right over the old KMS server ?

/Martin
  •  
My IT Indy

Install it right over.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
martin.b

•  
renefn

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I was hurt by the KOFF SPA error on Kerio Connect 7.0.0 and even with patch 1 I'm seeing strange LDAP errors in my warning.log and we're getting syncronization errors on our KOFF clients. Unless you really need Kerio Connect 7, then I would wait for the next release...

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2010 12:42]

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
martin.b

Hi Rene

Thanks for the warning. Since we upgraded to the las 6.7.3 Patch 1 we have had some problems with the server crashing from time to time and slow performance. All releaases before the last KMS release everything has worked just fine for us.

But if you getting strange errors in the new connect release then it might be better to stay on the older version for some time.

/Martin
  •  
renefn

I never had any real issues with previous updates so it's a real shame that this 0.x release seems to be a bit buggy... I'm sure that it works fine for some, but in our environment it hasn't been that funny. Unless Kerio support can fix my problems soon then I'm considering downgrading to 6.7.3 patch 1.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

renefn wrote on Thu, 04 March 2010 12:41
I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I was hurt by the KOFF SPA error on Kerio Connect 7.0.0 and even with patch 1 I'm seeing strange LDAP errors in my warning.log and we're getting syncronization errors on our KOFF clients. Unless you really need Kerio Connect 7, then I would wait for the next release...

What's the ticket ID?
  •  
renefn

The ticket ID is AWG-475808 (you might also take a look at the last messages in SJN-843674). Today I altered the LDAP limit from 32 to 128 to see if it fixed both the LDAP errors and the synchronization errors... I also tried to empty the cache on one of the clients that were experiencing the sync errors.

The LDAP errors are now gone (for now) but since the default value must be 32 for some reason and that we didn't experience these errors before Kerio Connect 7, then I thinking that it must be a bug of some kind.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
aassadi

•  
b-tom

Anyone using Kerio Connect 7 with MacOS 10.4 Server? What are your experiences?
  •  
martin.b

I have done the upgrade and has been running it since early march and had not had any problems so far. Now there is a new patch 2 version out and I will upgrade to this next weekend.

/Martin

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2010 11:38]

•  
DitMan

I have just upgraded from KMS 6.7.3 up to KC 7.0.0 patch 2 on a Win2K server. Now, I cannot gain access to the new web based admin console I always get a 'Server returned an invalid response', although the original console is OK still, and also I cannot send mail now using the webmail, I always receive an Error:Invalid recipients, while sending using a local email client Thunderbird mail is sent fine.

Never had any issues before, so this is odd. Anyone else with similar issues?

When I get some time I might have to uninst and revert back to 6.7.3 patch 1

Regards,

Dan
  •  
sjourney

Quote:
The LDAP errors are now gone (for now) but since the default value must be 32 for some reason and that we didn't experience these errors before Kerio Connect 7, then I thinking that it must be a bug of some kind.

I have had LDAP errors for at least a year and a half. No one could ever figure them out so I gave up, never really knew if they were causing issues or not.. got some a few mins ago.. Still on 6.7.3 build 7892, I think I will hold out for Patch 3??

[31/Mar/2010 16:57:30] Too many connections (178) to directory LDAP server "ntdc03.poop.com". Number of actual connections is limited to 50
[31/Mar/2010 16:57:30] Too many connections (178) to directory LDAP server "ntdc03.poop.com". Number of actual connections is limited to 50

I raise my connections to 50 a while back, did not seem to matter much. I seem to have 178 connections trying today... oh well...

tried different DCs even have 2008R2 ones now, and still get the errors..
  •  
Remiasz

I upgraded KMS 6.7.3 to KC 7.0.0 patch 2.
Seems to all is working but I create new account on serwer and new Outlook profile with KOFF and can't access to Public Folder.
I tried on Vista and XP with Outlook 2007 and 2003 with same result.
Other accounts works well.
  •  
GlennK

Just upgraded... went perfectly. No problems so far.
Previous Topic: dataminer.php
Next Topic: Kerio Calendar and python/perl
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:19:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00567 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.