Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Linux to Mac (Moving Kerio 6.7 from Linux to Mac)
  •  
RossmanSchool

Send a private message to this user
I am going to be moving from a Linux machine to Mac Snow Leopard.
Any issues out there? Also, what would system requirements for my Mac computer be? Will it run on new Mac Mini?
  •  
mpermann

I assume you mean you want to run Kerio Connect Server on a Mac Mini running Snow Leopard Server. Is that assumption correct? How many users will be accessing your server and will they be mainly using the web interface or clients (i.e. Apple Mail and iCal) to access the Kerio Connect Server? One thing you will find by doing a little research on the forums is the speed of the disk subsystem is critical for good performance on Kerio Connect. Especially if you are wanting to use the web interface. You need to provide some more details about how many users and how they will be connecting to Kerio for people to be more helpful.
  •  
RossmanSchool

Yes, I will be using a Mac Mini Server. We have only 70 accounts, so not a big switch. Most use Apple Mail,a few use Entourage and a handful have iPhones.

Webmail is used randomly by clients from machines when they do not have access to their school computer.
Thanks!
  •  
My IT Indy

rsync will do what you want. Then clean up a few things and you should be good.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
hbianchi

there is nothing against doing so, but take care about the users's number, the space given to each user and the performance of the Mac Mini Hard disk System. With 70 users you can have an acceptable performance or not, depending on the way your users use to work. Heavy attachments, large number of messages in folders and such things, need an extremely good HD performance and this is not possible in a Mac Mini. I think the HD system of the MAC mini has not a performance for a multiuser environment.
  •  
My IT Indy

Considering the mini has 5400 rpm drives you might see crappy performance if you get larger accounts or add a lot more people.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jlagnese

All things being equal, Linux out performs the Mac OS when using Kerio. If you have a stable setup with linux, I would leave it that way.
  •  
hbianchi

I agree with jlagnese. Why to move to MAC if Linux is working fine? and even to a Mac Mini with poor performance hard disks. This seems no good at all.
Previous Topic: ClamAV 0.95.1 on KMS 6.7.2
Next Topic: want to block all mail from .info
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:57:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.