Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird tags?
  •  
Tomislav

Send a private message to this user
I can't seem to get Thunderbird tags to be visible to anyone other then the person that created the tag (in public folders).
Is this a misconfiguration on my side or does Connect not support Thuderbirds tags?

I'm running TB 3.0.3 and Connect 7 patch1.
  •  
Tomislav

From what little info I've been able to find, it seems Kerio does not support Thunderbird tags or anything other then its own standard flags (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Draft \Flagged $MDNSent $Forwarded $AutoJunk $AutoNotJunk $Junk $NotJunk).
This is a royal pain because Thunderbird now puts tag status in a .msf file where only the creator can see it. Which means tagging mails in Public Folders with Thunderbird is not possible the way flagging in Outlook is.

Putting colours on mails may seem a bit silly and not mission critical, but I have bunch of users hooked on those colours for organizational reasons and they will not me happy without them.

I've opened a ticket with support, hopefully they can work something out. Haven't heard back from them yet, but I did open it on the weekend, so I'll have to be patient.

If anyone knows of a workaround please let me know.
  •  
Tomislav

I almost forgot to post Kerio Supports reply:

Unfortunately, Kerio Connect does not support IMAP flags used by Thunderbird. We do have a suggestion on file for support of those flags. I added your request for this feature to our suggestion database. Please note we do not have a time frame on if or when this feature may be available.

This makes me ever so sad... I'm still hoping for a workaround though...
  •  
jshua

The cvs version of synckolab extension works with thunderbird 3 and lightning pretty well.. Contacts , Tasks , and Calender. It throws a popup for the sync...I'm currently looking into disabling the sync popup.
  •  
Tomislav

SyncKolab seems like a nice program, BUT:
-I can't find any mention of syncing thunderbirds tags anywhere
-It's uncompatable with TB 3.0.3

Crying or Very Sad
  •  
james_bray

"Unfortunately, Kerio Connect does not support IMAP flags used by Thunderbird. We do have a suggestion on file for support of those flags. I added your request for this feature to our suggestion database. Please note we do not have a time frame on if or when this feature may be available."

Please add another request for this feature to your suggestion database aswell.

Thanks,

James

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2010 21:50]

•  
Tomislav

"Thunderbird flag support" suggestion made (by my superior).
If you would like to support it, you can find it here: http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-connect-7/suggestions /1000873-thunderbird-flag-support

Thanks
Previous Topic: IMAP custom flags support
Next Topic: reading calendar from a third application
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:56:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.