Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Select Outlook IMAP Junk Folder
  •  
longjohnsilver

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

when using Kerio Connect with Outlook via IMAP, I see two folders for junk mail. Outlook uses "Junk-E-Mail", Kerio uses "Junk E-Mail".
As far as I know, the name of the junk mail folder can't be configured in Outlook. But can I choose the name of the junk mail folder in Kerio Connect somehow?
It's annoying to have two seperate folders, and users can only use Outlook Connector for one mailbox - others have to be connected via IMAP.
Any solution or "hack"?
  •  
pcunix

It's the default filter rule:

#!1 __WebmailJunk__
if allof (spamtest, not address :all :is "From" "") {
fileinto "Junk E-mail";
stop;
}

Found in ./store/mail/yourdom/user/filter.siv

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
longjohnsilver

Thanks, but this looks like a filter rule only. The "Junk E-Mail" folder is although created by Kerio and marked as a special folder. So I still see two folders in the users mailbox instead of one.
  •  
Philipp14

Hello,

thanks pcunix.
Are you sure that changing the filter is all we need to do?
I fear that this might break other things like the automatic training of spamassassin (when users move messages into / out of spam folder), or auto-deletion of mails in spam folder.

And: Will this change survive any updates of kerio connect?

Perhaps, can someone from Kerio comment io this?

(PS: I am constantly annoyed by the mess regarding the "special folder" names (not only junk, but also "sent" vs. "sent items", etc., Its the same headache with every new installation!) - and it gets worse considering localized names that are then mixed with english names.
The IMAP "XLIST" command should cure the name problems, but kerio KOC does not seem to support it, maybe due to limitations in outlook??? )

Regards
Philipp
Previous Topic: Send from Multiple Addresses Using Outlook Connector
Next Topic: OutOfOffice Reply only to contacts in addressbook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:38:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.