Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delegate folders in Entourage 08 don't auto refresh (Before 7 good, after 7 nope.)
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
I have an Entourage 2008 user who monitors multiple accounts through delegation. She is reporting that prior to the upgrade from 6.7.3 to 7, the contents of those delegate folders dynamically updated. After the upgrade, she has to open the folder and refresh the message list to see any changes.

Before I spend any time on this, has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2010 22:51]

•  
Lyle M

I've confirmed this on a 2nd Entourage 2008 client. Her INBOX will automatically display incoming messages within moments of their being available. Her delegate folders require a click of the send/receive button.
  •  
Lyle M

In testing, both Kerio support and I set up fresh delegations in Entourage (subscribed to another user's folders) and had no problems automatically receiving new E-mail.

I removed the delegates from the affected Entourage accounts and re-added them. Once the folder contents were refreshed in Entourage, they began to automatically update with new mail as desired. Apparently, some delegate setups don't survive the upgrade from 6.7.x to KC7.

If you do have to remove a delegate, please note that bigger shared folders may take a while to clear from the local database.

If you've experienced a similar situation, please post your comments here. I'd like to know if this was specific to my installation.

Thanks!
  •  
cwachs

I am having a similar issue I think. I have a few Entourage 2008 users and since the upgrade to Kerio 7, no new delegated folders show up for the delegates. All the shared folders, calendars, etc that were working in Kerio 6.7 are still working but any new calendars, folders, etc that users delegate to each other do not ever show up in Entourage. iCal shows new calendars and webmail shows everything just fine but never in Entourage.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
sfpete

Confirming the same behavior here.

Entourage 12.2.4 connecting to KC 7.0.0 patch2.

Delegate folders are not auto-updating.

We have indeed removed the delegation and re-added it - no difference.

This functionality is essential to this particular environments work-flow.

Ideas anyone?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 April 2010 21:00]

•  
cwachs

I've submitted as a ticket to Kerio support and they have acknowledged the bug but have not stated any time frame for a bug fix. I guess the first step is at least admitting the problem exists!
  •  
Lyle M

cwachs wrote on Sat, 17 April 2010 17:47
I guess the first step is at least admitting the problem exists!

I'm sure that's the slogan at Developers' Anonymous.
Thanks for entering the ticket.

We've had variable results when re-creating user accounts. Some work. Some work for a while, then stop.

Fortunately, our users can deal with clicking the Send/Receive button.

Regards,
Lylehm
Previous Topic: ClamAV incompatibility
Next Topic: How to use kerio connect VMWare image on ESXi server?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 05:04:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.