Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP Delay (Apply ?)
  •  
mbad1

Send a private message to this user
Bit of an odd request and I think I know the answer but not sure.

Moved a clients users to exchange mode running over port 8100 for the webdav.

They have now lost their SMTP spam repellent delay. This is actually something they want rather than seeing the fast response as a benefit.

Is this because they have moved to the webdav port. I thought it would be applied to any smtp inside or outside of the network (if you uncheck the apply delay to int ip address).
I ahve also made sure each user must authenticate every time whether inside network or not.

Any ideas how to get this delay to apply to any account (Well exchange account in particular.).

They were using pop and Imap before and of course with same settings it applied all the time.

Thanks

(running kerio connect 7 latest patch on 10.6 server)
  •  
mbad1

Well looking at it I don't know the answer or resolution.

Is it correct that Spam repellent delay does not apply to Exchange mode and perhaps imap - Is it just pop and port 25 smtp ??
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, Spam Repellent is applied only to SMTP connections (unsecured - no SMTPS).
Honestly, I'm surprised that your clients are requesting connection delays. It does not make much sense to me.
  •  
mbad1

yes thanks for confirmation.

I too am surprised but they have used it on pop for years and like the fact they can "stop" an email and edit or add an attachment etc if they forget.

Mindset I know. Sending immediately is normally a good thing.

I'll see if I can setup a send later and schedule it every few mins or something but not sure if that would work like we would do on old pop accounts.

Thanks for confirming that though.
Previous Topic: Using Kerio as store and forward
Next Topic: Patch 2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:28:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.