Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » fake Email address
  •  
ngthcuong

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,
I am IT ,
Email server system is using Kerio Server
These is someone who fake my email address.

Please, can you help me, detect hacker by Kerio Server
and show me the way to prevent it.

thank you every much !!!
  •  
Yohann94

Everybody can fake any email address, it's as easy as configuring the FROM parameter of the mail client. What you can do is to analyze the headers of the mail, where you will see from which IP the mail come from.

If the user used Kerio as the SMTP server, you can also watch into the log files.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2010 10:22]

•  
Lyle M

•  
andyhelico

Faked email addresses have been a big problem for our clients and indeed for our own domains as well.

How to solve that problem

Create proper SPF record at your DNS server in case you need help use following links to verify it.

We may complain about Microsoft whatsoever. They provide precise information on how too and by the way most issues with rejected email from hotmail and other stiff email provider will be solved too. I had some issues lately.

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/ senderid/wizard/
http://postmaster.live.com/Guidelines.aspx

Setup Kerio Connect to check SPF records via Admin area
[Configuration | Content Filter | Spam Filter]
Enable SPF you may select other settings and define excluded IP addresses

Apply your settings and Kerio Connect is checking every mail against SPF record

To increase Spam blocking and better information that is trying to attack your server you may enable {Spam Repellent} and increase delay to 25 second.

Additionally you may enable Caller ID to eliminate those not getting caught by other checks.

Having all those settings in place your spam attack should drop drastically. By the way, that is our best sales pitch selling Kerio Connect.

Our own experience since implementing that rule setting is just awesome. We had hosted exchange accounts and suffered getting swamped with faked emails daily.

Ever since our security logs shows huge amount of faked delivery attempts that have been blocked. We have happy users now without spams like send from user@domain.com rcpt user<_at_>domain.com.

Good and bad is you can only send emails from servers you have defined within SPF record.

Integrating email account with other mail provider force you to add their mail server to your SPF record. No good idea either.

Hope it was helpfully to you guys
Andyhelico
Previous Topic: webmail times out
Next Topic: Web Admin Port
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 12:01:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.