Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Windows 2003 Standard Server VPN Access
  •  
toxic

Send a private message to this user
I'm running Windows 2000 Server and KWF5 on a computer with access to the internet. I have a Windows 2003 Server with RRAS setup on my LAN. I would like to port foward VPN connections via KWF on the Windows 2000 Server box which is accessible via the Internet to the Windows 2003 Server box.

Looking in the manual, forums and various tech docs on the net I've setup the following rule in KWF:

Source: Internet
Destination: Firewall
Service: PPTP, GRE
Action: Permit
Translation: MAP IP Address of 2003 Server box

I can connect to the 2003 box's RRAS via my local network without issue. However, outside users are unable to connect -- they get an error '721 - The remote computer did not respond' when claiming to be checking the username and password
  •  
r.aerts

toxic wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 20:37

I can connect to the 2003 box's RRAS via my local network without issue. However, outside users are unable to connect -- they get an error '721 - The remote computer did not respond' when claiming to be checking the username and password

I have the same problem. The only difference is that I am not running KWF5, but KWF6. Could anyone please tell me the solution?! I cannot find it on the forum.

Thx
  •  
marrab

GRE must go in both directions. So you are need add another rule to allow GRE from server box to internet.
Previous Topic: Restrict user access to clientless ssl-vpn
Next Topic: Bypass user login for local addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:21:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00330 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.