Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [EVALUATING] Questions (Trialing Kerio but have some Questions)
  •  
Gusher

Send a private message to this user
I have a few questions about Kerio..

- Does an owned license allow you to use Kerio between Windows,Mac, and Linux? For example, can I have Kerio on my Windows box which is Primary and have a 2nd backup install on a Linux at home?

- Can Kerio handle webmail logins per domain access? For example, I have a client with his own domain and also wants to use webmail, but I wish his webmail be different styled and have his own domain name on it and not primary domain... Can Kerio do that?

- How can webmail ports be hidden from users? For example, I already have a web server using port 80 reserved, but how can Kerio webmail be set to only show as http://webmail.mydomain.com and NOT http://webmail.mydomain.com:8000/webmail/login/

- Can Kerio company offer better deals for startups? I am just starting my first webhosting company and don't have clients yet. The Kerio entry pricing is quite steep for starters. Wouldn't it be an idea to add an additional offering for startups?

Thanks for your time...
  •  
pcunix

1. You would have to regenerate a license file if moving to another OS, but that's quick and simple.

2. Yes, they login as user<_at_>domain if its not the primary. But getting it to look different is harder. Maybe I'm being lazy today, but I can't think how you'd do that easily.

3. Your firewall should be able to forward whatever you want wherever you want.

4. Steep? Compared to what?

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
j.a.duke

Gusher wrote on Fri, 19 March 2010 09:50

- Can Kerio company offer better deals for startups? I am just starting my first webhosting company and don't have clients yet. The Kerio entry pricing is quite steep for starters. Wouldn't it be an idea to add an additional offering for startups?

I don't think Kerio is particularly expensive, considering that it's $540 for the initial purchase with 5 users and only $28.80 per user. That's not too bad. I use Kerio for my business, but also host my wife's family as well-they don't pay, but the costs aren't so outrageous that I'm living in a hovel.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
mbox

Gusher wrote on Fri, 19 March 2010 14:50

- How can webmail ports be hidden from users? For example, I already have a web server using port 80 reserved, but how can Kerio webmail be set to only show as http://webmail.mydomain.com and NOT http://webmail.mydomain.com:8000/webmail/login/

The simpler way is to assign www.mydomain.com and webmail.mydomain.com to different public static IP addresses and bind each service to port 80 on just one of the two IPs. If both web sites are on the same server with only one private IP but it is behind a firewall with two public IPs, then you can leave the server as is (with ports 80 and 8080) and on the firewall side translate traffic from port 80 on the first public IP to port 80 on the server private IP and translate traffic from port 80 on the second public IP to port 8080 on the server private IP.

If, however, you only have one public IP, then you'll need to either run the two web sites on the same web server process ("name-based virtual hosts" on Apache) or, if that's not possible (maybe www.mydomain.com needs to run under IIS), then you can utilize an HTTP reverse proxy ("mod_proxy" on Apache or maybe your firewall implements such a thing). In the HTTP reverse proxy scenario, all requests will go to port 80 on the proxy, which will in turn handle requests by privately communicating with the two web servers whose internal addresses are hidden.
Previous Topic: Any way to check with more than one AV scanner?
Next Topic: Kerio linked to Open Directory - Kerberos takes 12 sec to authorize
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:50:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.