Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » WOW! Domain footers stink! (No formating, line wrap errors, BAH!)
  •  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
To date we've not used a domain footer yet. Today I attempted to setup one, (we are now needing to fulfill HIPAA and other privacy laws) and the results were... well... much worse than I would have expected.

I fully understand Kerio does not yet allow formatted footers. OK, I can live with that (for now), but what does exist doesn't even work partially acceptable. We had a multi-line footer that should wrap freely in the resulting message. Only the first line wrapped, and not in a good place (force wrapped with CR in the text) And, the rest was thrown all across the message bottom making the result unreadable without side scrolling!

The result seems to be .ASP formated not normal HTML formatted, and is full of non-breaking spaces in every what-should-be normal spaces.

I found the request to fix in this in the suggestions. I hope attention is brought to it ASAP!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The message footer is added exactly as it was entered in the administration console. Including line breaks.
Conversion of plaintext footer to HTML is very close, HTML part has exactly same formatting as plaintext (including line breaks and spaces).

I recommend to modify the footer and define correct footer formatting (line breaks).
  •  
scottwilkins

Thanks for the reply. As you can probably figure out, I'm a bit dissapointed. I did try modifying the message with line breaks, but that only helped a little. It's still quite ugly on something like the iPhone.

I just don't understand the need to translate the spaces into non-breaking spaces? That alone is 90% of the headache of the current results. If you "view source" of the message on the reader's side you'll see what I mean. If spaces were left normal, then line breaking would not be needed at all. The message could be entered as a single line, and the result would be properly formated in the reader's e-mail client.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2010 21:50]

•  
scottwilkins

On the non-breaking spaces, is there any way that this can be submitted as a bug?? Seriously, there must be something that can be done quickly and easily to change the translation of the text to properly represent spaces in the result. Nothing is worse than a poorly formated message from a company. It really looks bad on that company when little things like this occur. Especially when they should be easily fixed.
Previous Topic: Send on Behalf of Another User with Kerio Connect7
Next Topic: Public Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:49:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.